taco bell guacamole? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-17-2004, 06:32 PM

vegan? not? anyone know? thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-17-2004, 06:43 PM

Nutrition Information on Tace Bell Guacamole: http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-001-02s050e.html

Best I can find at the moment... Guacamole is usually vegan, most recipies I've seen are anyway.
#3 Old 10-17-2004, 06:52 PM

also! from vrg.org/fastfoodinfo.htm

"TACO BELL: If requested, Taco Bell will send a list of their menu items that are suitable for vegetarians. Under their lacto-ovo heading, they list the following: Pintos & Cheese, Bean Burrito, Bean Tostada, Mexican Rice, Seven Layer Burrito (no sour cream), Cheese, Gordita Shells, Creamy Jalapeno Sauce, Creamy Lime Sauce, Pepper Jack Sauce, Baja Sauce, Fiesta Salsa, Red Sauce, Hot/Mild/Fire Sauce, Green Sauce, Pizza Sauce, Guacamole, and Taco Shell. Under their vegan heading, they list: Bean Burrito (without cheese), Bean Tostada (without cheese), Mexican Rice (without cheese), Seven Layer Burrito (no sour cream, no cheese), Hot/Mild/Fire Sauce, Fiesta Salsa, Red Sauce, Soft Tortillas, Pizza Sauce, Green Sauce, Guacamole, and Taco Shell. Taco Bell used to have two different distributors for the Mexican Rice. They are no longer using the distributor which had milk derivatives in the rice. NOTE that the sour cream does contain gelatin, which is animal based.

Taco Bell stressed that while the ingredients listed above may be categorized as acceptable for certain types of vegetarian diets, all ingredients are handled by employees in common with other ingredients which may not be acceptable to certain types of vegetarian diets."
#4 Old 10-17-2004, 07:25 PM

its vegan, and very yummy! I <3 seven layer burritos, no cheese, no sour cream
#5 Old 10-17-2004, 07:47 PM

thank you!
#6 Old 10-30-2004, 07:16 AM

Last I "knew" (heard), they use their sour cream in their guac. So it's not even vegetarian. THey may have changed it since.
#7 Old 10-30-2004, 07:35 AM
Administrator

I haven't heard that. Do you have a source?

I just e-mailed them about it. I'll post once I've heard back.

Follow me on Twitter - @_jorts
#8 Old 11-01-2004, 01:54 PM

The main problem with their guacamole is that it does not taste like guacamole. I would be interested in finding out if it actually has avocados in it.

ebola
#9 Old 11-06-2004, 02:01 PM

Mannnn..... I want a 7 layer burrito.
#10 Old 11-06-2004, 02:36 PM
Administrator

I posted in another thread about this... I contacted Taco Bell... Their guacamole is "vegetarian" (I'm not sure what their definition of vegetarian is) but their sour cream contains gelatin.

Follow me on Twitter - @_jorts
#11 Old 11-08-2004, 08:45 AM

I can guarantee that the guacamole at Taco Bell is vegan (as well as their beans, red sauce, tortilla chips, tortillas and rice). I am looking at my VegNews magazine for this month and Taco Bell won the Favorite VegFriendly Award for the 2004 Veggie Awards. YUM!!
#12 Old 01-11-2010, 07:54 PM

#13 Old 01-11-2010, 08:00 PM

This is good to know. A friend of mine goes there often, I will have to tell her about this. Thanks everyone.

How can you eat anything with eyes? ~ Will Kellogg
#14 Old 01-12-2010, 06:03 AM

I hope the op hasn't been sitting around waiting to hear back, for some 5 years now.

Ingredients from Tacobell.com

Quote:
Hass Avocado, Water, Tomato, Onion, Sugar, Salt, Cilantro, Erythorbic Acid And/Or Ascorbic Acid, Citric Acid, Dehydrated Garlic, Sodium Alginate, Xanthan Gum, Jalapeño Chili Powder. [top of page]

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#15 Old 01-12-2010, 07:28 PM

thankies for the heads up on the sour cream
#16 Old 02-06-2013, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebola View Post

The main problem with their guacamole is that it does not taste like guacamole. I would be interested in finding out if it actually has avocados in it.

ebola

Things must have changed since you've had it. It tastes great, or at least at the Taco Bells I've gone to. It tastes just like fresh home-made guacamole, and I only make guacamole at home with fresh avacado along with some other minor ingredients. It's surely vegetarian, and in all likelyhood vegan.

#17 Old 02-06-2013, 06:15 PM

I have come across many Guacomles that have dairy in them.  A lot of places put sour cream or or even cheese.  I always ask places because a lot of them mix other stuff in to probably save money.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page