Magic Mountian Vegan options - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By David3

#1 Old 09-03-2016, 09:39 PM

Red face Magic Mountian Vegan options

What plant based food options are available at six flags? I'm going next week and am curious if they have anything that I can eat there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-13-2016, 03:21 PM
99% Vegan

According to their website, they do have veggie options like salad. And they do carry something they are calling Sushi. If its real Sushi, then its vegan.

The Go Fresh Cafe is your best option for choices though! I would just inquire about cheese, and leaving the cheese out.
Have fun!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Allergic99%Vegan

Last edited by tpkyteroo luebeck; 09-13-2016 at 03:21 PM. Reason: forgot link :P
#3 Old 09-13-2016, 04:24 PM
Vegan since 1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpkyteroo luebeck View Post
If its real Sushi, then its vegan.

Some sushi is vegan, some is not https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sushi

_________

“Under the twinkling trees was a table covered with Guatemalan fabric, roses in juice jars, wax rose candles from Tijuana and plates of food — Weetzie's Vegetable Love-Rice, My Secret Agent Lover Man's guacamole, Dirk's homemade pizza, Duck's fig and berry salad and Surfer Surprise Protein Punch, Brandy-Lynn's pink macaroni, Coyote's cornmeal cakes, Ping's mushu plum crepes and Valentine's Jamaican plantain pie."

from Witch Baby, Francesca Lia Block, 1991

#4 Old 09-13-2016, 04:26 PM
Vegan since 1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpkyteroo luebeck View Post

The Go Fresh Cafe is your best option for choices though! I would just inquire about cheese, and leaving the cheese out.
Have fun!

I'm impressed that Six Flags has veggie burgers and meatless "chicken" strips. Like tpkyteroo says, you should ask to make sure these are vegan.
tpkyteroo luebeck likes this.

_________

“Under the twinkling trees was a table covered with Guatemalan fabric, roses in juice jars, wax rose candles from Tijuana and plates of food — Weetzie's Vegetable Love-Rice, My Secret Agent Lover Man's guacamole, Dirk's homemade pizza, Duck's fig and berry salad and Surfer Surprise Protein Punch, Brandy-Lynn's pink macaroni, Coyote's cornmeal cakes, Ping's mushu plum crepes and Valentine's Jamaican plantain pie."

from Witch Baby, Francesca Lia Block, 1991
#5 Old 09-20-2016, 02:27 PM
99% Vegan

I am going to just give a quick Update: Originally, Sushi was always Vegan. And Sushi that was not Vegan, had its own name, which was not Sushi. This is according to the Japanese native I spoke too. She was vehemently against the changes to Sushi that American have done, and said that dashi was not supposed to be found either in Sushi.

However, because chefs love to experimment and some of them have traveled the world and have decided to try new things, not all Sushi will be Vegan. American's version of Sushi has made the rounds with other chefs who have Sushi videos online. They do not even bother calling Sashimi, Sashimi, but instead have lumped everything together as "sushi". One chef tries to "sushi" various fast food items. :P

Also, in Japan, they often cook rice in Dashi, which contains Fish flakes (bonito). The Japanese lady I spoke to (who is a native from Japan) still claims that true, authentic Sushi is Vegan and does not contain Dashi either. However, every label still needs to be read, and the chef spoken too as you never know where they might add dashi or some other non-vegan ingredient. Chefs love to experiment. Fresh Salads are normally safe (without the dressings), but that is the only really "safe" food item these days - if you do not count cross-contamination.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Allergic99%Vegan

Last edited by tpkyteroo luebeck; 09-20-2016 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Clearer explanation
#6 Old 10-03-2016, 05:39 PM

This is so completely wrong.

Seriously, go do some research on the history of sushi. The original type of sushi was pure fish -- the rice was discarded.

Tags
food , magic mountian , plant based , six flags , Vegan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page