When Flax goes bad? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-04-2004, 03:18 AM
bad
Beginner

hey everyone! here a question, how can you tell if flax oil has gone bad???????????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-04-2004, 05:05 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad View Post

hey everyone! here a question, how can you tell if flax oil has gone bad???????????

Yes.

The linseed oil you can find in hardware stores is flax seed oil unfit for human consumption.

If you flax oil has a strong smell and smells like linseed oil it is bad.

BTW

Ground flax seeds have more health benefits then flax seed oil, are very stable, and very cheap:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/se...877825-4423005

You can get a cheap coffe grinder for about $20 at most Starbucks to grind the seeds.

The recommended serving is 2 tablespoons of ground flax seed a day

A tablespoon of ground flax seed has a teaspoon of flax oil in it.

Steve

My Blog: beforewisdom.com
#3 Old 09-04-2004, 05:26 AM
bad
Beginner

starbucks??? do they have thouse in canada??? i hope not damn starbuck, they've started building thouse across the street from each other. grrrr would Tim have coffe grinders?
#4 Old 09-04-2004, 08:54 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad View Post

starbucks??? do they have thouse in canada??? i hope not damn starbuck, they've started building thouse across the street from each other. grrrr would Tim have coffe grinders?

You'r joking right? Starbuck are everywhere in Canada! Almost as proliferant as Timmy's. There is one intersection in vancouver where there is a starbucks on 3 out 4 of the corners!

BTW- the cheapest place to get a coffee grinder would be at walmart, zellers, or a discount store, or possibly even london drugs!

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
#5 Old 09-04-2004, 08:58 AM
Beginner

Sears -- $5 -$10 for coffee grider. Almost walked out the store once it was so small. Set off the alarm, and noone came to stop me(!) So I looked in my hand, noticed the coffee grinder and shelled out 10 at the counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beforewisdom View Post

Yes.

The linseed oil you can find in hardware stores is flax seed oil unfit for human consumption.

If you flax oil has a strong smell and smells like linseed oil it is bad.

BTW

Ground flax seeds have more health benefits then flax seed oil, are very stable, and very cheap:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/se...877825-4423005

You can get a cheap coffe grinder for about $20 at most Starbucks to grind the seeds.

The recommended serving is 2 tablespoons of ground flax seed a day

A tablespoon of ground flax seed has a teaspoon of flax oil in it.

Steve

#6 Old 09-04-2004, 09:12 AM
bad
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy View Post

You'r joking right? Starbuck are everywhere in Canada! Almost as proliferant as Timmy's. There is one intersection in vancouver where there is a starbucks on 3 out 4 of the corners!

BTW- the cheapest place to get a coffee grinder would be at walmart, zellers, or a discount store, or possibly even london drugs!

*raises hand* saint johner speakin, it all tims coffee seafood steak and potaoe *ew* yeah here we have a tims sit down/drive trew, then down the block another tims drive threw only wtc is with people they can't drive/walk a block?? the world is one crazy coffee filled place

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page