7Likes
  • 1 Post By HappyFood
  • 1 Post By LedBoots
  • 1 Post By HappyFood
  • 1 Post By Naturebound
  • 2 Post By silva
  • 1 Post By Naturebound

#1 Old 07-08-2015, 07:46 AM

Cool Need your ideas for a vegan bbq episode...

Hi all,

As Summer is threatening to present us with a day or two of decent weather over the next couple of months, we're going to be shooting a BBQ themed episode of Happy Food and would be keen to find out any ideas people might have for what they'd like to see.

Are you happy with a Portobello mushroom on a roll or would you prefer a juicy vegan burger to rival those you see on the more 'traditional' BBQs?

Let us know your wants, needs, ideas and desires and regale us with your BBQ based tales and fails! We promise not to steal your recipes and you might find yourself grilling something you've always wanted to grill without ever having known how!

Our Game of Thrones episode is currently available on our website (link in my signature)- featuring hearty winter veg stew served in our home-made vegan bread trenchers and some lovely, light Dornish lemon cakes topped with fresh, vegan lemon curd- because here in the UK, although it may currently be Summer, Winter is always coming...

LedBoots likes this.

Mat Urey

Happy Food
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-08-2015, 08:31 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Any veggies cooked on the bbq are great! Especially sweet corn on the cob.
#3 Old 07-08-2015, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post
Any veggies cooked on the bbq are great! Especially sweet corn on the cob.
Hi LedBoots,

Ah, you can't beat a decent bit of hot, sweet, bbq'd corn!

Anything anybody has always thought should be there but haven't been able to find? We're thinking about doing a vegan kofta-style kebab, for example...
LedBoots likes this.

Mat Urey

Happy Food

#4 Old 07-08-2015, 04:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Not sure how grilled bbq pineapple would taste but for some reason it sounds really good right now! And bbq seitan!
HappyFood likes this.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

#5 Old 07-08-2015, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post
Not sure how grilled bbq pineapple would taste but for some reason it sounds really good right now! And bbq seitan!
I'm not a big fan of grilling, but I LOVE grilled fresh pineapple! I've put bananas in foil and paired the two with soy ice cream and crystallized ginger bits.
I've never done seitan grilled, just bbq in the oven. I think I'd dry it out too much unless it was wrapped up with the sauce?

I've seen watermelon grilled, but that doesn't appeal to me at all.
no whey jose and HappyFood like this.
#6 Old 07-09-2015, 02:35 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
I'm not a big fan of grilling, but I LOVE grilled fresh pineapple! I've put bananas in foil and paired the two with soy ice cream and crystallized ginger bits.
I've never done seitan grilled, just bbq in the oven. I think I'd dry it out too much unless it was wrapped up with the sauce?

I too love grilled pineapple!

I have never had grilled seitan, but i have seen recipes where a log of it is wrapped in tin foil and baked with bbq sauce on. Maybe this would work?
HappyFood likes this.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

#7 Old 07-09-2015, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post

Grilled pineapple is polarising in the extreme. I've seen people go pink with excitement and others go white with disgust at the mere thought. I've actually heard of grilled pineapple topped with salt-caramel working well.

And yeah, watermelon grilled doesn't sound too great!

What are your thoughts on substitute BBQ staples like vegan burgers, sausages and steaks?

Mat Urey

Happy Food

Tags
bbq , cooking , ideas , recipes , Vegan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page