VeggieBoards banner

Vegan Ice Cream...Need Saving

841 views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  HappyHousewife 
#1 ·
So I have been given a new ice cream maker and I can't wait to use it. The recipe book did not have any vegan versions and I wanted to check and see if any of you have a yummy recipe that actually taste like ice cream. I have made banana creams in the blender but really want to use the maker. Suggestions?? Thanks!

#2 ·
#8 ·
Check out A Vegan Ice Cream Paradise. The last post was in 2009, but the blog is still accessible. Lots of good recipes there.

I really dug into this topic several years ago. I even developed a recipe for Triple Pecan Ice Cream. I'll try to dig up my notes (and the recipe!)

#9 ·
I make coconut milk ice cream by putting a couple cans of full fat coconut milk in the ice cream maker with some hershey's syrup. No other ingredients. I don't love coconut milk though and have been thinking about making some with almond or cashew milk, but haven't tried it yet.

#10 ·
If you look at vegan ice cream recipes you'll start seeing a sort of generic formula or template. The full-fat coconut milk idea badkelpie mentions is one variation, soymilk + soy creamer is another. The base is a fatty plant milk or fatty plant milk creamer + less fatty plant milk. To this base you add sweeteners, flavorings, and usually a starch to moderate ice crystal formation.

Reactions: LedBoots
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.