VeggieBoards banner

vegan gourmet/pizza question

832 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  lijahbaby 
#1 ·
Has anyone brought grated Vegan Gourmet to a pizza shop and had them make a pizza with it? If so, did it come out right? Every time I try to make pizza with it at home it either doesn't melt all the way or the crust comes out weird or something else goes wrong. So I was thinking maybe if it went through a pizza oven it would come out just right. Plus, I am lazy and it would be easier than making a pizza myself.

#5 ·
It melts fine, but don't expect it to turn golden brown like real cheese.

I have not only made my own pizzas this way, but now a pizza place in L.A. (Damiano's on Fairfax) actually sells pizzas with Vegan Gourmet Mozzarella if you ask. It costs extra, but it's well worth it, IMHO.

#6 ·
i could be wrong, but i bet the restaurant has some policy against adding food that people bring to their own food. i would think they woudl be leery of lawsuits. like, you give them the cheese, then complain the meal was bad/had glass in it etc. i am just guessing, as i have thought of doing this but have stopped myself from asking. let me know if you try and find out otherwise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.