Best tasting brands of veggie burgers? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-11-2004, 05:47 PM

I really like Boca's chick'n and think it tastes great, and I'll still eat it...but I want to try a "veggie" burger, something that isn't primarily soy, but made of vegetables. The only thing is that I don't want to waste a lot of money trying brands that don't taste good and then having to either throw them away or who knows what. So, what are some of the better tasting brands of veggie burgers??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-11-2004, 05:58 PM

I can't tell where you're are from your profile but if you're in Canada, President's Choice brand has several very good veggie burgers. They are made with grains and veggies likes peas and carrots etc. The do tend to fall apart a bit on the grill but they're perfect in a pan.

I think Amy's brand has real veggie burgers too but I haven't tried them.
#3 Old 07-11-2004, 06:12 PM

Wild Oats Vegan Burger, LiteLife's Vegan Burger, Trader Joes Burger (the vegan one) and Natures Touch vegan burger. They are all GMO free and all of them are organic except for Trader Joes burger.
#4 Old 07-11-2004, 06:19 PM

Gardenburger original is my very favorite. It's not vegan, but they have a GardenVegan that is also pretty good.
#5 Old 07-11-2004, 06:37 PM

I like the Gardenburger Veggie-Meddley ones, they're vegan, and have pretty substantial veggies in them. I eat them for breakfast with hummus all the time.
#6 Old 07-11-2004, 06:53 PM

Even though I'm not a big fan of mock meats and TVP, I will say Amy's Texas style burger probably has the best flavor, the California style is not bad either. Most others are kind of bland or funky tasting.
#7 Old 07-11-2004, 07:01 PM

Yes, those President's Choice vegetable pattys are awesome!
#8 Old 07-11-2004, 10:07 PM

morningstar farms veggie burgers are my ultimate favorite! The original is really really good and they have tons of other kinds like fajita,pizza, and a new philly cheese steak one! yummmm....
#9 Old 07-11-2004, 11:15 PM

The first and only veggie based one that I tried was gardenburgers original and I couldn't even finish it I thought it was soo incredibly disgusting! So...I don't know, I guess everybody's tastes are obviously very different! It might take a little bit of wasting to find one you like unfortunately...i've been there and done that!
#10 Old 07-11-2004, 11:35 PM

I like the gardenburger vegan one.
#11 Old 07-12-2004, 12:34 AM

I picked up some garden burger at the food outlet store the other day. They were not the original, but it tasted like grilled on the BBQ.. even when you Microwave it. Wish I could remember the name, but it was awesome, and so cheap..
#12 Old 07-12-2004, 06:31 AM

Thanks!!!
#13 Old 07-12-2004, 10:23 PM

the garden burger that I like was diner style.. or something like that....
#14 Old 07-13-2004, 04:15 AM

I like Trader Joe's burger Nuveao. I don't eat veggie burgers too often, but these are my favorites. They're especially good on T.J's Get Thee to a Bunnery rolls with vegenaise, lettuce, tomato, onion and Smart bacon
#15 Old 07-13-2004, 06:52 AM

in terms of a hamburger replacement i recommend boca burgers..the white box that says vegan..

the red box says exactly the same things as the red box..but the white box is much better..it doesnt have the horrific smoke flavor overpowering the burger..has anyone else noticed this
#16 Old 07-13-2004, 01:14 PM

More thoughts here:

http://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...ghlight=burger

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#17 Old 07-14-2004, 09:56 PM

roasted onion boca burgers.
#18 Old 07-14-2004, 10:05 PM

roasted onion is definetly the best out of boca burgers

and roasted garlic is really really bad IMO
#19 Old 07-14-2004, 10:48 PM

Amy's makes a really good burger that is based in mushrooms. I think it is the California burger, but it was a while back so hopefully it was that and not the Texan..
#20 Old 07-15-2004, 11:45 AM

Morningstar Farms makes an awesome black bean burger, I could eat those all day long! My ex-omni b/f tried it once without me telling him it was veg, and he really liked it; was surprised there was no meat in it, lol.

Their Chik'n is really good too. Pretty much the only veggie burger I ever tried and didn't like was the Original California burger, it was way too grainy.
#21 Old 07-15-2004, 11:50 AM
Banned

I really like GimmeLean "ground beef" alternative. It has soy and wheat gluten though. They also make a good sausage.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page