I think I accidentally ate something with dairy in it.. - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-17-2003, 11:36 AM

I think something I ate may have had traces of dairy in it because my stomach is all knotty and my throat feels clogged...you know, like there's something thick in it..if that makes sense. I'm not sure what it was, but now I feel sick....bleh...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-17-2003, 12:01 PM

That sucks! But I am sure it will pass. I have always wondered if I am lactose intolerant now since I have not had dairy for 6 years!! I am not going to test though!
#3 Old 04-17-2003, 01:22 PM

yeah, i've gotten sick in the past if i accidently ate something that had dairy in it (like with falafel sometimes they put yoghurt in the tahini). bad stomach aches!

#4 Old 04-17-2003, 07:00 PM

Don't worry too much. It was an accident. You may feel sick now, but once it's out of your system, your body will feel fine.
#5 Old 04-17-2003, 11:48 PM

ack, i hate that, thats happened to me on a couple occasions. but even worse, one time my boyfriend made burritos for dinner a while ago (i wasnt planning on having any so he was just cooking for himself), he made himself some ground beef to go with it, but neglected to tell me he cooked the black beans in the same pot, and with some of the juices from the beef (since i wasnt eating dinner), but then later i ate a bunch of the beans and felt really sick after and THEN he told me.

i just hate the guilt haha, like, damn i try SO hard, i dont even buy shampoo or anything with animal products, and now ive EATEN some. sigh.

anyway hope you feel better.
#6 Old 04-18-2003, 05:07 AM

Hope you feel better

I did this only a couple of days ago and i had the worst stomach cramps ever and then about 12 hours later my youngest who is breastfed was very sick, thr poor little thing.

Secura, don't feel guilty...as long as you don't intentionally do it there is no reason to feel guilt. We use all animal free products in our home but occaisionally with a bit more research we find out that is has got some animal products in it, we just change the product. I am contantly learning new things and i don't think any of us can be expected to know it all straight away.

Just try to keep learning it's all any of us can do
#7 Old 04-18-2003, 12:46 PM

Hey. Thanks to everyone who wrote back. I feel a lot better today, but WOW! my stomach was in pain for like a few hours...it sucked. I agree with Aussie that being a vegan, you constantly learn something new all the time so there's no need to beat yourself up about it, especially if it wasn't your fault and it's not like you "gave in" or anything. It's a lot of work being a vegan sometimes, but it's worth it in the end

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page