what's up with vegetarian pizza??? - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 04-28-2003, 08:11 PM

i've noticed the same thing with my freinds. order pizza and what do they eat first? the cheese one. and NO, i cannot pick the meat off. ewwww grosss.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 04-28-2003, 09:09 PM

I am also an Olive & Mushroom hater. I despise fully loaded veggie pizzas because of these veggies.
#33 Old 04-29-2003, 10:00 AM

Fresh garlic on a cheeseless pie is awesome. I wished I lived closer to Philly....there's a place there called Gianna's Grille that has regular pizzeria stuff but also a bunch of vegan food. They have a bunch of different types of vegan pies that are outstanding.....they make their own vegan cheese which is just like regular mozarrella. I've only been there once, but can't wait to go back.
#34 Old 04-29-2003, 10:36 AM
Banned

Screw omnis, I say. I never let their choice of diet hamper mine (even if it means being rude/displaying bad manners/offending someone). I've been to restaurants plenty of times and not eaten because the range of vegan food was crap (ie; $5 bowl of lettuce), but have wanted to hang out with people I know (they always feel uncomfortable that I'm not eating.... I don't know why, I sure wouldn't give a rat's arse if they didn't).

A lot of the time I have ordered vegan pizza, omnis with me have wanted to try it (they think it'll be boring), then they love it. Except for the hardcore omnis with attitude problems who still say it's boring.

The best vegan pizza I've ever had is from a small place up in the mountains..... it's on a thin wholemeal crust, and I get it with onion, pineapple, mushroom, tomato, corn and capsicum (all piled on high). It's damn good. They can also put a top over it, so it's like a pie. Now my mouth's watering just thinking of one.
#35 Old 05-20-2003, 08:28 PM

My theory is that since beer is the fermented product of, well, basically bread and cheese is the fermented product of milk, the attraction of cheese for omnivores is like having a pizza covered in beer.

Yes, I'm not making any sense.

Homer Simpson: Mmmm... beer pizza.
#36 Old 05-21-2003, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Wiccanveg

I usually make my own pizza at home. I'm vegan but I cheat and get the veggie soy cheese ( has casein in it ) and pilsbury dough crusts.

I do the same thing, lol. But this thread has inspired me to try cheeseless pizza. My mother is going to freak when I drop this bomb, but that's part of the fun!
#37 Old 08-19-2005, 12:32 AM
Banned

Hi,

I'm new. How are you guys? i'm fine. I have rescently given up beef and pork. So yes, i'm still an omin. I have never ever had a problem with eating vegetable. In fact, I love to try new things. I would actually love for any of you to order a pizza for me I would love to see what new experiences i'm going to have. I'm just one of the omnis who loves to try different kinds of food. i would try a cheeseless pizza. i think it might be good.

Superjane. I don't know how you feel. I haven't gone through that, yet. Do your friends know that you don't like mushrooms and oviles? Me personally, I love a lot of different kinds of veggies. So it wouldn't bother me much. I really don't like mushrooms though. Maybe you should order your own pizza, or just tell them what you want on it Getting all mad and puffed up isn't going to solve anything. Just let them know that you don't like those veggies

Monika
#38 Old 08-19-2005, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSwab View Post

VeggiBob, I've had that too. They would order one cheese and all the others would have pepperoni or ham or somesorts on it but for somereason everybody would run to the cheese first.

Weird penommonon (sp?) huh?

That happens with my frozen pizzas and my brothers all the time, when they come to visit my mom buys like three sausage pizzas and three cheese and they eat the cheese ones and leave. and nobody in my family will eat that kind of meat anymore so they're stuck in the freezer for a month.

Oh, and they do the same thing with my morningstar buffalo wings. Pisses. me. off.
#39 Old 08-19-2005, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieFay View Post

i've noticed the same thing with my freinds. order pizza and what do they eat first? the cheese one. and NO, i cannot pick the meat off. ewwww grosss.

I never really had a problem picking pepperonis off my pizza. I'd just rather not argue, I never liked them anyway and I just imagine they're yucky tomatos. wash the grease off the top of the pizza with a paper towel and it's cheese. No fight, + I get to eat.

Though nobody eats meat pizzas in my house anymore so anytime I order it's usually cheese thincrust, and olive and mushroom thincrust and a ton of marinara sauce. mm.
#40 Old 08-19-2005, 02:52 AM

Naturalsusta, Spaz...you guys should check your local health food store and see if they carry Amy's Roasted Vegetable Pizza. It's really yummy. A bit expensive, but worth it. It's not big enough to share with more than one other person, so if you are looking to feed a crowd this one isn't probably viable. If you want to check it out, go to:

http://www.amys.com/products/categor...rod_category=3

It's the 4th one down.

I've attached a pic of the box, so you can recognize it easily.
#41 Old 08-19-2005, 02:56 AM
Administrator

This thread was over 2 years old. Just thought I'd mention it.

Follow me on Twitter - @_jorts
#42 Old 08-19-2005, 03:14 AM
Banned

My friends are cool but what bugs me is that every vegetarian pizza on the menu always has green peppers on it which I really don't like! Even if there's three different veggie pizzas - they all have peppers. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's no hassle to order it without or say 'can I have olives instead of peppers' or whatever but it just strikes me as weird that peppers appear in so much veggie food.
#43 Old 08-19-2005, 03:16 AM

^^^Yeah!! What Brandon said.

Amy's makes awesome cheeseless pizzas! And often I find them at the "scratch-and-dent" Grocery Outlet for $2 each! WOO-HOO! When I find them cheap, I stock up.

Not that it helps you, but a local Pizza chain (Rock Pasta and Pizza) has a no-cheese roasted veggie pizxa that they'll mke for me - it is TO DIE FOR!!
#44 Old 08-19-2005, 02:58 PM

Off the subject a bit, Cabot's cheese is vegetarian. It has no animal rennet in it. I wrote to the company to get the downlow on it.

Also, I'm half Italian. My dad makes the best Sicilian pizza in the world. However, when I ask him to make one without meat he goes balistic. He just does not understand what is wrong with me. "What's a pizza with no meat??? There's no point. I'm not making one." LOL!!!
#45 Old 08-19-2005, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post

This thread was over 2 years old. Just thought I'd mention it.

Do threads expire or something?
#46 Old 08-19-2005, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miabella704 View Post

Off the subject a bit, Cabot's cheese is vegetarian. It has no animal rennet in it. I wrote to the company to get the downlow on it.

Also, I'm half Italian. My dad makes the best Sicilian pizza in the world. However, when I ask him to make one without meat he goes balistic. He just does not understand what is wrong with me. "What's a pizza with no meat??? There's no point. I'm not making one." LOL!!!

Are you kidding??? I preferred pizzas without meat as an omni! (And yeah, I actually liked meat... )
#47 Old 08-19-2005, 03:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miabella704 View Post

Thats funny, several traditional Sicilian pizzas are meatless.
#48 Old 08-22-2005, 11:25 PM

I'm glad my omni friends aren't stupid when it comes to ordering pizza.
#49 Old 08-23-2005, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyjacksparrow View Post

My friends are cool but what bugs me is that every vegetarian pizza on the menu always has green peppers on it which I really don't like! Even if there's three different veggie pizzas - they all have peppers. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's no hassle to order it without or say 'can I have olives instead of peppers' or whatever but it just strikes me as weird that peppers appear in so much veggie food.

Same here... can't STAND bell peppers. And I hate being told I can just pick them out/off of whatever, because the taste remains.

Even when I ate meat I preferred no-meat pizzas. Always ate just plain cheese, or various combinations of mushroom, onion, black olives, tomatoes, fresh garlic, jalapenos.
#50 Old 08-23-2005, 05:44 PM

My experience is that if there is a vegetarian pizza the omni's will eat it first and leave their triple bacon and sausage heartstopper! Claim your slices quick or you'll go hungry!
#51 Old 08-23-2005, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamon toast View Post

My experience is that if there is a vegetarian pizza the omni's will eat it first and leave their triple bacon and sausage heartstopper! Claim your slices quick or you'll go hungry!

OMG Yeah! I don't eat the pizzas they bring in to work anymore (trying to be vegan; and greasy! yuck!), but when I did, the vegetarian pizzas all went first, for some damn reason. If I was late to these "special" lunches, I'd be lucky to get one slice.

WTF is up with that?

*this space not for sale*
#52 Old 08-24-2005, 01:24 PM

I'm going tack my own rant onto this thread:

I hate how 99% of pizza places have one, and only one, vegetarian pizza, AND IT IS ALWAYS THE SAME! Hello! There are more than 4 vegetables in the world.

In my old city there was a place that had a menu with around 20 speciality vegetarian pizzas with toppings like zuchinni, broccoli, eggplant, and all sorts of of other veggies, with different combinations of feta, cheddar, and mozza cheese. They even had a pizza with beans on it (and it was fantastic!). The bad thing is that now the bland veggie pizza you get at most places is completely ruined for me.

Next time I am in one of these places, I am going to demand a zuchinni and broccoli pizza and see what they do
#53 Old 08-24-2005, 01:57 PM
MEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_veg View Post

I'm going tack my own rant onto this thread:

I hate how 99% of pizza places have one, and only one, vegetarian pizza, AND IT IS ALWAYS THE SAME! Hello! There are more than 4 vegetables in the world.

In my old city there was a place that had a menu with around 20 speciality vegetarian pizzas with toppings like zuchinni, broccoli, eggplant, and all sorts of of other veggies, with different combinations of feta, cheddar, and mozza cheese. They even had a pizza with beans on it (and it was fantastic!). The bad thing is that now the bland veggie pizza you get at most places is completely ruined for me.

Next time I am in one of these places, I am going to demand a zuchinni and broccoli pizza and see what they do

I have the exact same rant! Why exactly does a vegetarian pizza have to only have green peppers, mushrooms, onions and tomatoes (if you're lucky!)?

Thankfully, there's a few places in the St. Paul/Minneapolis area that will serve more than green peppers on a pizza, it's just a pain in the butt when I have to travel or when I'm with a group of people who insist on ordering from PizzaHut (although I have my friends trained to order from Papa Murphy's if at all possible, they at least put artichoke hearts and zucchini on their veggie pizza)
#54 Old 08-24-2005, 02:04 PM

IME, I've never had a good pizza from a national chain. They all taste like shyte to me (the better ones do, anyway. The rest just taste horrifically vile).

But there's this one place.... really hard to get to, but OMG! THE best pizza anywhere. Mushrooms, onions, olives, big ol' hunks of tomatoes, artichokes hearts and a couple of other things, too (cause of where they are, I don't order from them much). The sauce they use is so yummerific - it tastes so real and homemade and it doesn't have a gallon of oregano in it (my main gripe about pizza places).

*strongly considers taking a trip over the river and through the woods....*
#55 Old 08-24-2005, 02:08 PM

Why do they always put mushrooms on every veggie pizza? I cannot stand mushrooms
#56 Old 08-24-2005, 02:20 PM
bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Brandon View Post

http://www.amys.com/products/categor...rod_category=3It's the 4th one down. I've attached a pic of the box, so you can recognize it easily.

omg i know thouse are soo yummy also some ready made pizza crusts are vegan you just add the toping much better

i normaly order a vegetarian pizza with no cheese from pizzahut, because well it has everything i want, except pinapple , however pizza huts weird like that and if i add pinneapple it becomea creat you own, where you pay by toping. the one thing i hate about my omni friends (love them to death) but i swear the next one who offers me a salad. i never liked salades before so why would i now ? also my dad, who allways say "well Amanda if your going to be a vegan, you have to eat salad? what else are you going to eat?" this from a man who after having a vegan daughter for 2 years has still failed to pronouce vegan properly . he never seems to remeber that for these past two years i've been making him a vegan supper, and we have not had salad once. /sigh oh well.
#57 Old 08-24-2005, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EverGrounded View Post

IME, I've never had a good pizza from a national chain. They all taste like shyte to me (the better ones do, anyway. The rest just taste horrifically vile).

But there's this one place.... really hard to get to, but OMG! THE best pizza anywhere. Mushrooms, onions, olives, big ol' hunks of tomatoes, artichokes hearts and a couple of other things, too (cause of where they are, I don't order from them much). The sauce they use is so yummerific - it tastes so real and homemade and it doesn't have a gallon of oregano in it (my main gripe about pizza places).

*strongly considers taking a trip over the river and through the woods....*

I wish there was someplace here that would put big ol' hunks of tomato on. Everywhere I've ever tried to get tomatoes on a pizza from always puts big ol' round slices on it. It looks pretty, but it's a pain in the butt to eat because the whole slice always comes off and slaps you in the face. I've even asked a few places if they'd dice the tomato for me and they always say no. Buttheads.

Artichokes are yummy on pizza too!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page