VeggieBoards banner

What is your favorite fast food veggie option?

6K views 75 replies 44 participants last post by  melimomTARDIS 
#1 ·
I know fast food usually associates with unhealthy food options. But there are more and more veggie options in fast food restaurants nowadays. So what is your favorite fast food veggie option?

#3 ·
Coffee. Though I haven't even done that in 4 years. If I'm in a pinch I go to the gas station and get a couple bags of nuts and a coconut water.

#4 ·
Hmmmm...Maybe a vegan burger? :D

#6 ·
Don't know a single fast food chain that would do vegan.
That's why I hmmm'ed hehe...I think the Gourmet Burger Kitchen do vegan burgers but they aren't really a fast food restaurant...

#7 ·
A sandwich from Subway, I guess. The only times I'll eat something from fast food restaurants is during a long road trip, which rarely happens.

#10 ·
I wouldn't trust a local kebab shop :p

#13 ·
Since turning vegan, I've only been to coffee shops. I don't drink caffeine, so I've only had teas that don't contain caffeine.

There are a few pub type places that I may go to in the future. I guess I'll order fries. I'm sure they are using the same deep fryer that the wings were fried in. Other options will be nachos w/ guacamole or veggie burgers sans the buns wrapped in lettuce paleo style.

If I want to eat out, I usually get prepared food at Whole Foods or go to a sit down restaurant.

#16 ·
Falafel, sushi, coffee. Sometimes I'll go to Subway in a pinch, I was always pretty "meh" about their veggie subs but now in Canada we have a vegan veggie patty and avocado so it's a lot tastier than just salad on bread.

#17 ·
Theres a fast food place called Veggie Grill here in Portland that has amazing food, all vegan. It was always sooooooo delicious. No raw vegan options though:( I haven't ruled out eating the occasional cooked food meal here and there though and VG would be my top pick;)

#21 ·
Typical fast-food restaurants aside, my local vegan restaurant/shop that's a 5 minute drive away from my house makes meals to go (cold type meals). Going there and grabbing one is pretty fast. ;)

Reactions: Werewolf Girl
#22 ·
Ugh, you just reminded me. I live a 15 minute walk away from Whole Foods and it's TORTURE. It's so expensive so I have to constantly talk myself out of buying a slice of vegan chocolate cake or getting food from the buffet thingy, it's so convenient and soooo good... :cry:

Reactions: LedBoots
#26 ·
Moes' Southwest Grill and Subway

Subway was very unfairly targeted for that ingredient that was widely used in many other foods BTW
A big salad with sweet onion dressing on a fresh toasted Italian sub bun suits me fine.

I'm glad there's Chipotles but dont' like them at all

#27 ·
Subway-6 inch veggie delight sandwich, and an oatmeal raisin cookie (love em'!)

Mcdonalds- Southwest salad, with southwest dressing, ordered WITHOUT chicken. Or, a fruit and yogurt parfait, or a smoothie. I hear good things about the fruit and nut oatmeal, but havent tried it yet.

BK- BK veggie burger, side salad

Wendy's- baked potatoes with ketchup! Nom nom nom (vegan)

Taco bell/taco johns- bean burrito, ordered without cheese, this is called "fresco style" at taco bell. (vegan)

Pizza place- easy peasy for me, a thin crust option without meat. I usually go for a veggie lovers style.

#34 ·
Here in the Netherlands there's a snack called ''kroketten'' or croquettes in English. They're usually made with beef, but there are also vegetarian and even vegan varieties.

http://www.thehomechannel.co.za/dutch-cheese-croquettes/

They're basically a filling with a crunchy batter that is deep fried.

My personal favorite is one with cheese filling on a bun with some mustard; which is the traditional condiment. Very unhealthy but lovely ;)

#39 ·
Taco Bell has vegan options in the US

In the US, Taco Bell has vegan options (though not necessarily healthy or low fat - no whole grain options available there). You can order a bean or bean and rice burrito "fresco style" which means no cheese or sour cream. I would consider that as a last resort while traveling, since we carry food with us wherever we go to avoid having to make such decisions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.