Smoothie-Friendly Powder Supplement Recs - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-04-2014, 06:30 PM

Smoothie-Friendly Powder Supplement Recs

Hi all!

I am new here and hope this is the right spot. I've been veg (ovo lacto) for about 14 years, but I've never done much with protein powders or other powdered supplements.

I have a nice new blender and am really enjoying smoothies, which has made me want to find a good veg-friendly supplement powder that I can add to my smoothies. I am not a bodybuilder and therefore don't need lots and lots of protein, but some protein would be good.

I get B12 shots, so I don't really need to worry about that. However, it would be nice to find something that would help me be more energetic (but not jittery). There aren't any nutrients I'm trying to get in particular that I know of, but anything that you think helps round out a veggie diet would be welcome.

And I prefer nothing that has a really strong flavor--well, vanilla is fine, but I want to put this in fruit and yogurt smoothies.

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-05-2014, 02:59 AM

I am also looking for this, dear .And I will be waiting for the reply of this thread.
#3 Old 10-05-2014, 07:02 AM
Veggie Regular

Well... I am not huge on added powders or anything like that (certainly not protein powders), but there is one I've been using lately. Brand is HealthForce Superfoods, and it's called Vitamineral Green. It's a combo of dried, powdered nutrient rich foods like Kelp, wheat grass, ginger and such. See if you can find some.

I do add a little frozen, chopped spinach to my smoothies (you can't taste it) and also on occasion, when I really need "staying power," I soak 1/4 cup of almonds in water overnight and then the next day, drain them and add, and then I also will add about 1/3 cup rolled oats (you have to blend for a few minutes for it not to taste gritty). The almonds provide a shot of protein and natural fat, the oats are complex carbs, neither one costs a fortune, they are both completely natural. But it makes a very filling smoothie!!

Tags
smoothies , supplements

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page