VeggieBoards banner

Blueberry Muffins

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  ebola 
#1 ·
This is from How It All Vegan, but I do doctor it some and I posted the pic and folks want the recipe?!?!? If it's not ok to post this, someone let me know! Thanks!!!

Muffins:

2 cups flour

1/2 tsp salt

3 tsp baking powder

1/2 cup sugar

egg replacer (to equal 2 eggs - i use ener-g)

1/4 cup oil

3/4 cup soy milk mixed with 1 tsp vinegar to make it "sour"

1 1/2 cups of blueberries

Streusel:

3 tbsp flour

3 tbsp sugar

2 tbsp earth balance (cold!)

Preheat oven to 350. Stir together salt, baking powder, flour & sugar. Add the egg replacer, oil, and sour soy milk and stir til just blended. Don't over mix or it will get all tough! Gently stir in the blueberries. Pour into 12 muffin cups. (They won't be super full).

Mix flour & sugar for streusel. Use a folder to mix in the earth balance (margarine) until it's all crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over the tops of the muffins.

Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

You can use different fruit combinations to equal the 1 1/2 cups of blueberries. If I have lemon juice, I use it to sour the soy milk instead of the vinegar. If I use a mixture of chopped up apples & raisins for the fruit, I add 1 tbsp of cinnamon to the batter and 1 tsp of cinnamon to streusel. I also do a brown sugar streusel instead. Delish!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.