VeggieBoards banner

10lbs of Lettuce in One Sitting?! What I Eat In A Day

7K views 25 replies 9 participants last post by  BiteSizeVegan 
#1 ·

i share with you what i eat in a typical day as a raw vegan. plus you get to see me cram close to 10lbs of lettuce into my mouth! for a complete look at the nutritional breakdown of my day and more about my eating habits, check out: http://wp.me/p3VBHs-eo
i show you the calories for each meal as well as the overall protein, carbohydrate and fat ratios, iron and omega 3 levels, and more!

#2 · (Edited)
Chicks that swear are hot! I eat romaine banana wraps everyday for lunch. I had to buy panniers for my bike to get all the fruit I carry to work out of my back pack. That much organic romaine would have cost me min $30, ouch! But I don't buy non organic greens. Do you workout? If so do you adjust your daily calories and macros? I'll start watching your other vids in case you covered those questions already. Thanks.

#4 ·
That amount of lettuce in one go is seriously impressive to say the least! The dates & lettuce combination sounds awesome too. I think I'll have to give that a go.

If I can ask, what site/program do you use to track your calories and macros? It looks like cron-o-meter.

#14 ·
Just a few friendly questions. How long have you eaten in this style? And...is it more, less, or the same as far as expenses compared to buying typical vegan fare? Are you able to find locally grown bananas and so on or are they imported? I live in a a northern climate where it can be hard to find certain produce at certain times of the year and much of the tropical stuff is almost always imported from afar....pineapples, coconuts, bananas, etc

I have tried eating all raw in the past for short periods of time (usually not more than a week) but was not successful. But my health was not the greatest then as I was quite underweight for other reasons. I don't plan to go raw or anything, at least not fully, but I am always fascinated by the different ways that people eat.

Also, as someone who suffers with an eating disorder (am trying very hard to recover and am close to weight restored but am going through a binge stage which is terrifying me) I am also attracted by the ability to eat such a large volume of food but in a healthy manner. It must take a long time to eat all that lettuce though? I have read of a number of bulimics who have been able to overcome their disorders by eating in this way. In the past I would restrict hard for a long time and then end up bingeing and would try to come out of the long binges by eating all raw fruits and leafy greens for a few days and it would help restore some balance (at least physically). My one main fear with eating a 80/10/10 style is the high amount of sugar in fruit. I also found that I was constantly grazing all day in order to satisfy my hunger and it was difficult because of my job, school, gym etc to fit in when to eat. On the other hand, it was nice to be able to just grab a fruit and eat without hours of prep or cooking etc. I actually obsessed less about what to eat.

At any rate, thanks for sharing!

#17 ·
Just a few friendly questions. How long have you eaten in this style? And...is it more, less, or the same as far as expenses compared to buying typical vegan fare? Are you able to find locally grown bananas and so on or are they imported? I live in a a northern climate where it can be hard to find certain produce at certain times of the year and much of the tropical stuff is almost always imported from afar....pineapples, coconuts, bananas, etc

I have tried eating all raw in the past for short periods of time (usually not more than a week) but was not successful. But my health was not the greatest then as I was quite underweight for other reasons. I don't plan to go raw or anything, at least not fully, but I am always fascinated by the different ways that people eat.

Also, as someone who suffers with an eating disorder (am trying very hard to recover and am close to weight restored but am going through a binge stage which is terrifying me) I am also attracted by the ability to eat such a large volume of food but in a healthy manner. It must take a long time to eat all that lettuce though? I have read of a number of bulimics who have been able to overcome their disorders by eating in this way. In the past I would restrict hard for a long time and then end up bingeing and would try to come out of the long binges by eating all raw fruits and leafy greens for a few days and it would help restore some balance (at least physically). My one main fear with eating a 80/10/10 style is the high amount of sugar in fruit. I also found that I was constantly grazing all day in order to satisfy my hunger and it was difficult because of my job, school, gym etc to fit in when to eat. On the other hand, it was nice to be able to just grab a fruit and eat without hours of prep or cooking etc. I actually obsessed less about what to eat.

At any rate, thanks for sharing!
thanks for the reply, naturebound! i don't find this way of eating a lot more expensive than other vegan ways, though i've never been a dirt-cheap vegan junk foodie so maybe that would be cheaper? anyways, i've been raw on and off for like 6 years but far more on the last 2.

i am in recovery from bulimia myself and find the volume of this way of eating very satisfying. i love to eat so it works out well :) and the fructose isn't anything to be afraid of. on the contrary, sugar is what our body runs on. it is the fuel to our cells! processed sugar is another thing and not fantastic to eat. but fruit and whole-food sugar is ideal! it comes in a fiber and nutrient package with so much good stuff!

the whole "sugar rush" things and blood sugar worries are when you are eating refined, processed sugar and it rushed into your bloodstream. but fruit sugar is released slowly due to the whole fiber package deal. it's exactly what your body needs.

now, as i say in this video, you don't have to go raw by any means! i'm a fan of any way of eating as long as it's vegan. and especially if you're working on your ED recovery, put that first and foremost.

i don't graze, just eat the three large meals. i find that works best for me :)

#21 ·
Thanks! My fear of eating a lot of fruit is the sugar crash, but you guys have answered in that fruit provides a lot of fiber to prevent this from happening.

I have noticed that when I eat pineapple at breakfast, regardless of what else I eat, then about two hours later at the gym I get the uncontrollable shakes. Not sure why this is. It never happens with raw mango or smoothies or anything else, always pineapple. It just ruins my workouts because it is impossible to lift weights or do serious cardio when I get that shaky feeling. It doesn't happen very often but when it does it always seems to be after eating fruit, and like I said mostly pineapple. It also happened about a week ago when I ate a bowl of plain oatmeal with raw blueberries in it and then about two hours later rode my bike to the gym and tried to work out. Ugh.

#18 ·
Cant argue with the results of your beautiful lettuce belly bitesizevegan.
However i would wonder how much of your daily intake of fruits and vegetables your body is actually absorbing and if much of it is overkill and just passing right through without ever being digested or absorbed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.