VeggieBoards banner

Gelatin used to refine fruit juice?

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Auxin 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Why put beef in juice? It makes no sense.
Maybe not to a vegan but it will to a manufacturer who wants to clarify apple-juice for example, cheaply.

I would imagine that if a processing component such as beef, pork, fish etc is removed from the end product and so not listed among the ingredients, the product would be ok for Hindus, Jews, Muslims and vegetarians to consume? But not for vegans.

lv

#5 ·
I doubt all traces are removed. More likely its just reduced to 'below the minimum reportable level', or its just a case where they dont need to report it at all.
Many packaged pre-cut fruits and vegetables contain synthetic chemicals never tested for safety in humans and suspected to cause cancer or kidney damage, the rules say they dont need to be on the label because the manufacturers completed the right forms. In certain circumstances dirt and twigs can be added to coffee while still allowing the coffee to be advertized as "100% pure". Synthetic chemicals can even be used on 'organic' produce, etc. Its just artifacts of corruption and/or burocracy.

I'll bet this clarification reduces juices health value, as any protein that would clarify juice would remove plant polyphenols- which are pretty much universally good for you. If proven, that could be used to get the support of the omnis for removing the gelatin processing. Be all like 'this polyphenol critter might save a child from a future of breast cancer or diabetes, if its not removed by gelatin'.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.