Will I lose nutrients if I reheat a bowl of soup? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-14-2013, 03:35 PM
Beginner

I've got a cold :( I'm making huge pots of soup and eating/drinking bowls of them cold. I'd like to heat up a bowl here and there, but I'm paranoid that I'll lose "my precious nutrients" /golum. Does anyone know what kind of nutrient loss happens when you heat up a bowl of soup that was originally boiled and simmered and then spent at least 24 hours in the fridge?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-14-2013, 03:42 PM
Beginner

Considering that the soup has already been boiled and simmered, I would think that any nutrient loss that may have occurred has already happened by now. That's just a guess though.
#3 Old 08-20-2013, 06:13 AM
Beginner

Heating it up will not affect the nutrients much. The minerals in food are nutrients and are indestructible. If you want to get over your cold as soon as possible, make sure that you are getting enough vitamin D. This can also help you prevent colds and the flu. See this: How to Prevent or Cure Colds and the Flu.

The very latest research shows that lack of vitamin D that comes from the sun of God or God's sun in pregnant women and babies causes autism and type 1 diabetes according to PubMed and other sources. Prevent Autism and Type 1 Diabetes.

http://bit.ly/type-1d 

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page