Chloe's Kitchen! New favorite cookbook! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-29-2012, 06:47 PM
Beginner

I LOVE Chloe Coscarelli from the time she won Cupcake Wars, and followed her blog since.
This is her first cookbook, and it is fantastic! Very easy, simple ingrediants, and full of creative combinations and tips.
I just made her fettucine alfredo and everyone loved it.
I'll post pics as I make things- please do the same.
Chloe's definitly a fresh take on vegan cooking, and from reading Amazons reviews could convert many omnivores, or at least get them to have a vegan night.

http://www.amazon.com/Chloes-Kitchen...3072177&sr=1-1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-29-2012, 06:48 PM
Super Moderator

I love her! I will definitely buy her book

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#3 Old 03-29-2012, 06:52 PM
Arrrg! Me mateys.

I didn't even know she was coming out with a book! I need to go check that out.

korrakorrakorrakorrakorra
#4 Old 03-29-2012, 09:54 PM
Beginner

it's great! BUT, is NOT low fat! I'll probably pick it up at some point. I think all of the oil she uses to saute is easy enough to replace with water, then might have to adjust some of the other amts.....the pictures and the recipes themselves look great....she's so darn cute,and her smile is contagious!....she's in a lot of the pictures in her book.....and good for her! The vegan world needs to know more about Chloe!

My brand new website for health coaching, and where all of my recipes will reside! www.TheHolisticDragonfly.com
My previous food photography and portrait blog: www.creativeinspirationsphotography.blogspot.com
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1435413727
#5 Old 03-30-2012, 12:21 PM
Beginner

I love Chef Chloe! She's just adorable and I've tried some of her recipes from her website and every single one has been delicious. I definitely want to get her book at some point but I have so many vegan cook books that I haven't used much that I feel like I need to use them more before getting any other books.

As long as there are slaughterhouses there will be battlefields. - Leo Tolstoy
My blog - http://myso-calledveganlife.blogspot.com/
#6 Old 03-30-2012, 03:51 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Oh wow I haven't seen her before! I just checked out her blog and videos, and she's great! Of course, this is the recipe I am choosing to try this weekend. http://chefchloe.com/sweets/chocolate-layer-cake.html
#7 Old 05-01-2012, 03:09 PM
Beginner

I just checked out her blog. Amazing. Can't wait to try some of her stuff. I am going to check that cookbook out at the bookstore. Something tells me I'll be bringing it home with me.
#8 Old 05-01-2012, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator

Just saw her book yesterday and wanted to buy it but have to wait until I have more money, it looks fantastic. I absolutely love her recipes, we have similar tastes it seems.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#9 Old 05-02-2012, 08:20 AM
Beginner

This book looks neat, going by all the reviews on Amazon. Question though! How reliant on product replacements is it? I dont care if a recipe needs soymilk or tofu, but if the recipes are all full of things like vegan sour cream, egg replacer and soforth I wouldn't bother (especially if its branded stuff I cant get here). the recipes on the blog dont look like it but I thought id double check.

Omg the website though. why have I not heard of this person before?
#10 Old 05-02-2012, 12:23 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Ferret View Post

How reliant on product replacements is it?

Omg the website though. why have I not heard of this person before?

It's not at all, in fact there is a recipe for sour cream, made with tofu.
#11 Old 05-03-2012, 11:55 AM
Beginner

^ Oh neat. Unless she then expects you to keep making it to put in recipes. May have just bought off Amazon >.> http://www.amazon.co.uk/Chloes-Kitch...6071059&sr=8-1 is in the sale if anyones interested (not appreciating the markup though arr). I dont usually buy a lot of cookbooks but this ones calling to me, shouldnt come on veggieboards when starving.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page