Vegan Safe/Vegan Soda - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-14-2010, 01:17 AM
Beginner

I have not really posted here very much. But I do have things to ask that I would like to know and will try to be more active.

Anyway I recently in April of this year 2010 went from being a Vegetarian to a full out Vegan. I had been eating as a Vegetarian for 6+ years. Stopped eating cheese over a year ago and never really drank milk. Plus I am allergic to eggs. It was pretty easy for me but I do still have some questions surrounding certain items.

My question is are any of the main stream soda's out there Vegan Friendly/Safe? (examples: Dr. Pepper, Coke, Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Big Red, etc?)
I have heard Sunkist is bad that it uses insects of some sort. I have also heard Coke tests on animals. But the other three I have not heard anything. I have tried searching on the internet. And all I see is people who have said they emailed certain companies, and say that they are Vegan.

But I am just not sure and I want to be sure to know if I need to stop drinking soda as well. Or at least main stream soda.

I have heard that alot of Natural/Organic Soda's are Vegan Friendly/Safe.

If you know of any Natural/Organic Soda that are Vegan Friendly/Safe will you please post their names and such. I know of a few but not alot.

I hope this is the right forum, Please and Thank You.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-14-2010, 12:26 PM
Where's my camera?

If you are in the US, Trader Joe's has a line of sparkling juices. It's basically fruit juice concentrate plus carbonated water. It tastes like soda.... it's sweet and fizzy.

It's not that hard to make your own soda, which is what I do on occasion. I think the name brand sodas have too many chemicals and junk in them. I thaw out a little frozen juice concentrate.... orange, grape, apple, lemonade, etc.... then mix with seltzer water, which is carbonated. Instant soda pop.

Vegan Cookbooks Illustrated

http://vegan-cookbooks-illustrated.blogspot.com/

http://pinterest.com/VeganCookbooks/

#3 Old 10-14-2010, 02:23 PM
Beginner

I didn't even know soda was not suitable for vegetarians to begin with. What exactly makes them non-vegetarian?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page