VeggieBoards banner

Buffalo Wild Wings

3K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  indeliblecello 
#1 ·
Hey all!

Before becoming vegetarian, one of my favorite places to go was Buffalo Wild Wings, a bar & grill chain here in the US. I LOVE Caribbean Jerk sauce, and my hubby is partial to their Honey BBQ. We've kept a bottle of each in our fridge for when we want to make our own food at home with the same BWW taste. Now that we've sworn off chicken, is there anything else we can use the barbeque sauce for? Any ideas?

P.S. My husband is anti-fake meat, so it's not looking like we'll be using it on fake chick'n strips or anything like that.

#2 ·
If you're looking for not-super-duper-healthy ideas...

I honestly think even "no fake meat!" people can enjoy breaded and fried tofu, because it's not trying to be meat... Mmmm....

Jerk sauce could be good on grilled veggies, no?

And I'd totally eat the BBQ one with french fries.

#3 ·
My favorite is those bean curd knots I get at an Asian grocery. Honestly, I haven't seen them elsewhere, but I would think natural food stores would have them. They're made of the bean curd thats a by-product of making tofu, I believe (or soy milk, or both).

You let them soak in boiling broth, I use Imagine Not Chik'n Broth, for about 30 min. Then I toss them in corn starch, and pan fry till crispy. The finale is hot sauce. My kids and me like them better than wings. I call them "Hot Knots". I like a soy yogurt mixed with shredded cucumber the night before, and allowed to drain in a colander lined with a paper towel to get a bit firm overnight, as a dip.

#4 ·
The asian zing and carribean jerk were my faves when I was omni. I have not looked on their website yet to see if they are veg*n, or if their fries are, but if they are I am planning on going there with my omni DH and just using them as a dip for the fries. You could do the same at home with homemade fries.

#6 ·
I put bbq sauce on beans. BBQ sauce + lentils is pretty yummy. BBQ sauce can go on soo many things. Sandwiches, pizza, bean burgers, portabello mushrooms, grilled veggies, tofu, seitan, tempeh, etc. I've used it to coat chickpeas with before roasting them too. They turn out like bbq chips and get nice and crunchy.

#11 ·
BWW has something called veggie buffalitos. Not sure if they're on the menu but they'll make them if you ask. You could remake them at home. Basically a soft taco shell, lettuce, cheese, sour cream, pico, and sauce. That's what we get when we go there.

Some of their sauces contain anchovies, might want to check your labels if you haven't already.

#12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael' date='08 July 2010 - 12:52 AM' timestamp='1278568343' post='2670618 View Post

BWW has something called veggie buffalitos. Not sure if they're on the menu but they'll make them if you ask. You could remake them at home. Basically a soft taco shell, lettuce, cheese, sour cream, and sauce. That's what we get when we go there.

Some of their sauces contain anchovies, might want to check your labels if you haven't already.
Yeah, I checked the label of the Hot BBQ we still have, and it has anchovies ... but I don't know about Honey BBQ or Caribbean Jerk, which are our preferred sauces. Hopefully they don't!

#13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by indeliblecello' date='08 July 2010 - 10:50 AM' timestamp='1278604237' post='2670833 View Post

Yeah, I checked the label of the Hot BBQ we still have, and it has anchovies ... but I don't know about Honey BBQ or Caribbean Jerk, which are our preferred sauces. Hopefully they don't!
I'm not positive but I think honey BBQ is the one I get so it should be ok. Or it's the one I used to get and not ok.

#15 ·
cut an 8oz pkg of tempeh in half lengthwise, then in half across for 4 pieces, and marinate them for at least an hour, then bbq~, and brush more on as it heats up.

^^^also agree with sauce on rice. I love sauces on rice!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.