Eggplants make me sick - Page 2 - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 09-14-2009, 06:54 AM
Banned

I was doing my own thing quietly and YOU are the one who created this post trying to make a big deal out of it. Keep flaming the fire. That must be what you want.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 09-14-2009, 07:09 AM

needless to say thats pretty nasty but it could happen with almost anything its not like eggplants are unique in that regard...its just random and rare.
#33 Old 09-14-2009, 07:21 AM

ok here's another one then - I once found a maaaaaaassive caterpillar right in the centre of a Cauliflower - I told this to my dad and it freaked him out - he usually boils the cauliflower whole (instead of breaking it into florets) and just covers it in sauce.

yum

#34 Old 09-14-2009, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lurker View Post

ok here's another one then - I once found a maaaaaaassive caterpillar right in the centre of a Cauliflower - I told this to my dad and it freaked him out - he usually boils the cauliflower whole (instead of breaking it into florets) and just covers it in sauce.

yum

ooer...
#35 Old 09-15-2009, 09:18 PM
Veggie Regular

My family and I are amazed at the broccoli and cauliflower that grew in their garden this year--Decidedly non-buggy! Both are normally crawling with all kinds of little worms, and I usually can't get enough of the bugs out to feel comfy eating it.

I keep my grains in the fridge after freezing them for a few days when I first get them home to kill larvae.

The corn that grew in my family's garden this year was relatively bug-free, but the Peaches'n'cream variety attracted these large green caterpillars in the top of the ear by the tassle. The Silver Queen were smaller ears but no caterpillars. My youngest sisters thought it was really gross, but my closest-in-age sister and I just shook the caterpillars off in to the grass when we were husking and kept going.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#36 Old 09-15-2009, 10:42 PM

What is it with bugs right now!? The broccoli we had tonight? Worms in it. Lovely. I'm just glad my husband is willing to eat this stuff because I'm sure not!
#37 Old 09-16-2009, 01:30 AM

I know a girl who took an entire mayonnaise jar full of maggots and poured them into her mouth on the Howard Stern Show. Ive got a couple of vidcaps of it on a disc somewhere. Needless to say, she had issues. Havent seen her in yearswonder what shes up to. The point is that one persons ick is another persons fetish. Its all how you look at it.
#38 Old 09-16-2009, 05:33 AM

This might be venturing into urban legend category, but I know a girl who found a whole, dead grasshopper in her fruit cup once. She thought it was a piece of fruit and almost ate it before noticing. Then she wrote the company and got a bunch of free stuff (like more fruit cups, I guess? hmm). I've never eaten fruit cups since hearing that.
#39 Old 09-16-2009, 07:59 AM
Veggie Regular

I went off cauliflower for years when I was a kid when I bit into some at dinner and found a cooked worm!! Fortunately it was a whole worm, but still.. ugh.

My dad used to make bug salads for dinner and no one would touch them. He always had a (chemical free) vegetable garden and wouldn't wash the lettuce well enough and there would be LIVE HOPPING BUGS in the salad. He chalked it up to extra protein, we all looked on in horror.

http://megatarian.blogspot.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page