VeggieBoards banner

Good morning from CT!

613 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Amy SF 
#1 ·
Good morning all-

I may have introduced myself when I was here several years ago, but since I'm starting over again I should probably start with an introduction!

Hello - I'm a 28 year old recovering m**taholic. Over the last 12 years, I've gone veggie more times than I can count. Several times it was for a few years or more. I've spent the last 2 years in worsening health, due in no small part to my return to m**t eating.

Several weeks ago, my five year old son learned that meat is made of animals, and proclaimed he doesn't want to eat them. I'm in full agreement with him, and decided to join him and try this together. It amazes me every day how much my children have to teach me.

Some info about me - I live a boring life in CT with 2 children (5 and 1), a husband, a house, and 3 cats. My oldest is in kindergarten and has food allergies - he recently recovered allergy to dairy, but continues to be allergic to eggs/nuts. Our family loves shopping locally, and visit two nearby farms weekly for fruit, veggies, eggs, maple syrup, and honey (among other things). I bake most things from scratch, due to the oldest's allergies. I work full-time and struggle to balance kids, cleaning, cooking, and work. The usual stuff!

Well, have a great day and I look forward to seeing everyone around!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.