VeggieBoards banner

Ahhhh restaurants!!!

724 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  ozfoodhunter 
#1 ·
Why don't chain restaurants do good Vegetarian food? Everywhere I go its salad, veg lasagne etc When will the service get better???

#2 ·
Hi Aidyb, and welcome to the forum!

Yep, I find it frustrating as well.

There is a vegetarian/vegan restaurant website, http://www.happycow.net, that helps you find veg restaurants almost anywhere in the world. It's kind of like a veg "Yelp".

#3 ·
Yes, chain restaurants are a real challenge. I was at a vegetarian/vegan group yesterday and the talk turned to Chili's/Applebee's type restaurants, where for vegans you're basically looking at a baked potato (plain) and broccoli (also plain).

Someone pointed out that this is why people think vegetarians/vegans don't eat good food.

"Ethnic" restaurants are often a much better bet: Ethiopian, Indian (although if you don't eat dairy, you have to ask a lot of questions at Indian places), and are also often much more accommodating than chain places because they are more likely to be cooking from scratch, so Thai places can leave out the fish sauce and eggs, for example.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.