Forum Jump: 
 6Likes
  • 3 Post By VeganBeginnings
  • 1 Post By Knowtions In Motion
  • 1 Post By silva
  • 1 Post By MandiSoup42

#1 Old 07-27-2017, 10:25 PM

Exclamation Vegan Beginnings

Hi I'm Linda and I just watched a very important documentary called What The Health. It was the final push I needed to start pursuing an all plant based diet.
I'm ready to put what I've been learning about health and diet into practice. I am a very unhealthy person right now. My marker for inflammation is incredibly high, I'm morbidly obese, and I'm 36 years old with hypertension and untreated sleep apnea. I take medications for psychiatric reasons. While I'm not ready to throw away my pills just yet, I am ready to venture out into a meatless world with hope and motivation. I believe I still have time to reverse my poor health. I'm not afraid to try.
Today is the day. July 28th, 2017.
I might slip up sometime- especially in the beginning. I'm willing to keep going no mater what.
The information in the documentary contradicts EVERYTHING I've been taught up until today. Well, call me crazy, but I will do my own experiment and the subject will be ME. Plant Based Pride. I need to lose tons of weight, detoxify, and reduce inflammation.
Wish me luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-28-2017, 05:24 PM
Vegan, Mostly WFPB

Welcome and best wishes in your pursuits of wellness! Glad you became a part of the community. Lots of good info shared here.

"Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods in school. And the person that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and a fool." ~Plato
#3 Old 07-28-2017, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator

So glad you've joined us! I really have to watch that documentary myself. I even met a woman at the grocery store when I was reaching for tofu who raved about it changing her life.
Take each day at a time, read up on nutrition. Don't try too much or make going vegan the 'elephant in the room'. It's normal. it's a new world of flavors and foods you never knew, so give yourself time to find it all, and play with all the new foods!

My best advice, and what I'm trying to make myself do, is to just do something when it comes to exercise. Too often we try and schedule things when if you just learn to do leg kick backs while water boils, knee bends with a chair, walk in place while watching tv

You joined at a good time! We've had lots of talk about the What the Health and newish members into whole food plant based diet!
Hope you like spices because there are many that help prevent inflammation!
BlueMts likes this.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

#4 Old 07-28-2017, 09:16 PM

High five! My husband and I just began the plant based journey a few weeks ago after watching What the Health then Fork Over Knife and Vegucated ? We've laughed, we've cried... we just took a shot of apple cider vinegar to help digest our awesome vegan nachos. Lol lots to learn. Quite a bit more prep time for a flavorful, nutritionaly balanced meal, but well worth it!
Keep in mind, our body protects itself from toxins with fats. The toxins are released as fats are shed so make sure you are drinking plenty of lemon water, a little activated charcoal and even a diatomaceous earth treatment would help with any parasites.
Research is your friend, I do hope you are in touch with your Dr and a dietitian to help you transition safely.
Best of luck!
BlueMts likes this.
#5 Old 08-09-2017, 11:43 AM

Congrats! Welcome! Don't Give Up!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Tags
documentary , Vegan , whatthehealth

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page