Experienced (?) Vegan looking for an alternative to FB (only use it for groups) - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 
 4Likes
  • 4 Post By ethospathoslogosothers

#1 Old 06-15-2017, 12:52 PM
New to this site, not veg

Question Experienced (?) Vegan looking for an alternative to FB (only use it for groups)

Hi guys,
My name is Courtney,
I have been vegan quite awhile (somewhere around 3-3 1/2 years), and I am trying to quit face book.

I only used it for vegan, environmental, and health groups, so I am looking for a better option.

I hope that this will be a good alternative.

Anyways, I love animals and am currently a homemaker.

I decided to go vegan overnight after reading Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer, firstly for the animals, secondly for the risk of disease due to antibiotics antibiotics and spill off, and thirdly for my own personal health and the environment.

It took me two years to get it right (complete vegetarian but addicted to sugar so I had trouble with dairy desserts). Still have trouble with sugar (working on it!), but not dairy!

I am allergic to beef, pork and corn. (So naturally the first 2 were easier for me to cut out).

I try to live plastic-free/zero waste for the animals and environment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-15-2017, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to Veggieboards! I was already vegan when I read Eating Animals but it had a huge effect on me too, it's a wonderful book.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#3 Old 06-16-2017, 12:34 AM
person

Hi

There are two ways to quit facebook. One is to just close your account completely. The other is to just make it invisible to everyone including friends so that for all intents and purposes you have closed it but you can just go in and reactivate it and (this is the point) no-one can use your name because there is still an account with that name on it. That's what I did.

Glad you've joined us!

"The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men." - Leonardo Da Vinci, Italian Painter, Sculptor, Architect, Musician, Engineer, and Scientist

When it comes to having a central nervous system, and the ability to feel pain, hunger, and thirst, a rat is a pig is a dog is a boy. ~Ingrid Newkirk

Tags
homemaker , plastic free , Vegan , wfpb , zero waste

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page