Re-Re-Introduction - let's try this again! - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By jaskins
  • 1 Post By silva
  • 1 Post By greenmamato3

#1 Old 02-14-2017, 11:28 AM
Veggie Regular

Re-Re-Introduction - let's try this again!

Hi y'all!

I just logged back on after a long, long second hiatus...I ready my last introduction and cringed/laughed so hard. "I WILL BE A VEGAN BY THE END OF 2012!"

Spoiler alert - that didn't happen.

But, I find myself here again. And it feels different this time! Different from the "it feels different this time" that I felt LAST time!

So. I'm done with college. Got my master's in 2013 and I've been in the "real world" as an accountant for a few years. Have gotten better at the adulting, fending for myself thing. Started doing Blue Apron about six months ago as a fun way to cook new things and try new dishes. Friends, this was a revelation. I ordered a mix of omni/vegetarian meals and recently discovered - GASP - I *much* prefer the vegetarian recipes. I am better at cooking them, they're much more delicious, and in the last week or so I realized I have developed an aversion to touching raw meat. Or smelling it. Or looking at it. So I think I will be able to actually stick to it this time. I know it's a process - but that's why I'm back! To get support from you wonderful folks!

I also signed up for a trial of Green Chef and their VEGAN menu - I think it's so cool there's a meal service that does vegan options! I'm dabbling with transitioning to vegan once I'm comfortable/reasonably assured that I will maintain a vegetarian lifestyle. I've already been cutting out dairy in hopes it helps my skin, so I think I can get there! It helps that these meal services give me recipe ideas. I LOVE cooking, so I'm sure I'll be deep in the cooking/food boards here before long!

Anyway, just wanted to say hi again. Hoping y'all can help me hold myself accountable this time around!
Werewolf Girl likes this.

Sometimes you just have to put on lip gloss and pretend to be psyched. -Mindy Kaling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-15-2017, 08:31 AM
Veggie Regular

oh god I just re-read this from yesterday and I sound like a meal service shill I promise I'm not! Ack! I'm just overly excited about committing to this change in lifestyle *hangs head in shame*

Sometimes you just have to put on lip gloss and pretend to be psyched. -Mindy Kaling
#3 Old 02-15-2017, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

Yay! Welcome back!
I see those meal deliveries advertised a lot- and many vegan options! I wonder how popular they are in my area? Great that may help people realize it's not hard, just different
jaskins likes this.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

#4 Old 02-15-2017, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaskins View Post
oh god I just re-read this from yesterday and I sound like a meal service shill I promise I'm not! Ack! I'm just overly excited about committing to this change in lifestyle *hangs head in shame*
My parents joined Blue Apron a couple of months ago and they are wicked excited about it too and talk about it all the time. Too funny!
jaskins likes this.

Vegan: because I'm being the change I wish to see in the world
#5 Old 02-16-2017, 10:30 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
Yay! Welcome back!
I see those meal deliveries advertised a lot- and many vegan options! I wonder how popular they are in my area? Great that may help people realize it's not hard, just different
I've really enjoyed using them! It's made me try a lot of new things, and the best part is only getting the amount I need for a recipe - so if I end up not liking it much, I don't have a whole bunch of it that I have to force myself to eat, or give away to friends (I try to minimize my food waste as much as possible - hate throwing out perfectly good items). I originally wanted to try Purple Carrot, since it's all vegan, but they don't deliver to my area so I was really excited to see Green Chef had a vegan option that does deliver to me! I'll have to post some reviews of them once I get my first box!

#6 Old 02-16-2017, 10:31 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmamato3 View Post
My parents joined Blue Apron a couple of months ago and they are wicked excited about it too and talk about it all the time. Too funny!
I ended up getting my parents to do Blue Apron too - they love it! My dad is picky so it's pretty amazing the stuff my mom has gotten him to try through it. Now I'm just trying to convince them to try the vegetarian dishes more often

#7 Old 02-18-2017, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome back!

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page