Hi There :) - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By honeyandcardamom

#1 Old 11-10-2016, 08:02 AM
honeyandcardamom

Talking Hi There :)

Hi fellow vegans and vegetarians! I'm so glad to join this community! Just a year and a half ago, I was a die-hard meat and dairy eater, and I didn't think I could ever omit these from my diet! In fact, when I stayed for a short time with my vegetarian in-laws, I would get out of the house to eat meat in restaurants any chance I could get!!!

For health reasons, my husband and I started to cut back on animal products about a year ago. As I explored vegan and vegetarian recipes, I found I really loved the new foods I was trying. I also found I had a lot of respect for the bloggers and cook book authors I was seeking recipes from, and I wanted to know what made them make those choices.

After researching more about animal welfare, I was quite shocked by what I found! I mean, I always knew it couldn't be pretty, but I felt pretty strongly that eating meat and dairy was "natural," and that it was all part of the circle of life. Obviously, I feel much differently after what I learned goes into factory farming

I wanted to go vegan immediately, but it was hard. Even with the knowledge I had, I still craved meat and dairy. Kind of like a smoker who knows all the risks but still goes ahead and smokes I guess. (I used to be a smoker too lol). I cut back slowly, and after a few months, made an honest attempt at being vegan. It lasted about a month, but I struggled A LOT and in the end I fell off the wagon. It's been a few months since that first attempt, and I feel far more ready and confident this time around. I think that being a part of forums and communities like this will really help! I am also going to get more active on my blog; a project which I have been working on during this whole year of transition. You can check it out if you're interested, at honeyandcardamom.com

So excited to learn and to share with all all of you!
Werewolf Girl and manush like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-10-2016, 03:52 PM

Red face Good luck on your vegan journey!

Wow, I wish you all the best! Do keep us updated on how going vegan goes for you!
#3 Old 11-10-2016, 11:00 PM
Live and let other live

Best of luck! True, being in such forum could help.

#4 Old 11-11-2016, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to Veggieboards!

It took me a few tries to go vegetarian and then a long time to finally go vegan years later, I think we all transition in our own unique way and you just have to do what works best for you. It's about progress not perfection!

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#5 Old 11-12-2016, 03:56 AM
Cute fluff

Hello honey! Welcome
Struggles can hold us back but when we really want something - with our heart, we can break those walls and keep walking on our journey. In the end struggles is what shows us how much we care and that nothing can stop us!
I subbed to your blog, that gingerbread cake is flashing at me and now I must go to check it out!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Come visit me at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- new weekly content about health, weightloss, fitness and lifestyle. I'd love to read your comments! ♥
#6 Old 11-12-2016, 08:16 AM
Veggie Regular

Interesting to hear your story and best of luck to you.
#7 Old 11-13-2016, 05:28 PM
honeyandcardamom

Thank you! You are so right! The fact that it is tough makes it that much more rewarding! Hope you enjoy my blog and the gingerbread cake! I've been up to more holiday cooking/baking this weekend so there is more to come
#8 Old 11-13-2016, 05:30 PM
honeyandcardamom

That's helpful to hear, thank you! I felt very tempted a few times this weekend but I stocked up on some vegan "cheeses" to keep me satisfied lol. It is nice to be reminded though that there may be times in the future when I go back and forth a bit but it is all about the big picture.

Tags
animal welfare , blog , blogger , new vegan , Vegan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page