VeggieBoards banner

Greetings from California!

662 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Thalassa 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm so glad that I stumbled upon this board! I have been vegetarian for 7 years. That also corresponds with the amount of time that I've lived here in California. My husband does all the cooking so when we started living together, I became vegetarian by default :)

My husband, born and raised in California, has been a vegetarian for 20 years. It all started in college when he was a poor student and decided to save money by cutting out meat. Now it is a health choice for us! His children were raised vegetarian from birth and have never had meat.

I live in the Central Valley in California, which is a very conservative part of the state. Sometimes I think my husband and I are the only two vegetarians in a 200 mile radius.

Anyway, happy to connect with other like-minded people!

#4 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm so glad that I stumbled upon this board! I have been vegetarian for 7 years. That also corresponds with the amount of time that I've lived here in California. My husband does all the cooking so when we started living together, I became vegetarian by default :)

My husband, born and raised in California, has been a vegetarian for 20 years. It all started in college when he was a poor student and decided to save money by cutting out meat. Now it is a health choice for us! His children were raised vegetarian from birth and have never had meat.

I live in the Central Valley in California, which is a very conservative part of the state. Sometimes I think my husband and I are the only two vegetarians in a 200 mile radius.

Anyway, happy to connect with other like-minded people!
Hello MirandaLee,

There is actually a vegetarian / vegan social group somewhat nearby you: The "So Easy - So Good" plant-based Meetup group, in Modesto: https://www.meetup.com/So-Easy-So-Good/

#9 ·
Welcome! Im in LA and want to get away from the conservative streak, I'm thinking about the central coast, hope it's not like the valley lol...I've only visited but love that area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.