Hello from Southern Ontario - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
  • 3 Post By Amy Urquhart

#1 Old 04-30-2016, 05:11 PM

Cool Hello from Southern Ontario

Hi everyone!

I'm Amy, and I'm currently venturing into vegetarianism for I think the third time. The first was 9 years ago when I visited a veggie friend in San Francisco. The second was last year, when I was vegetarian from about Easter to Thanksgiving. I just went back to it a few weeks ago and this time I am sticking with it. I've also been cutting way back on processed foods for my family. I don't believe in throwing food in the garbage, but as boxed items in the pantry are used up I am replacing them with a homemade version.

Eating a vegetarian diet makes me feel physically better than eating meat. I like the challenge of making healthy and delicious meals for my family without meat because I know it is ultimately better for our health. I'm also a runner and I'm doing a 5K in Nashville this July and another one near home in October. I'd love to extend my distance to 10K.

I can envision myself transitioning to a vegan diet over time.

I love to grow food and have got my garden going in pretty good shape already this spring, with chard, kale, snow peas and beets all seeded, and currants, rhubarb, garlic chives, lemon balm, thyme and oregano all going gangbusters. Can't wait for the warm weather to get to Southern Ontario so I can really get my food growing!

I'm also training to be a Certified Aromatherapy Health Practitioner and expect to have my aromatherapy massage practice up and running this fall.

Lovely to meet you all and I'm so happy to have found this community!
LedBoots, David3 and Jenn2 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-30-2016, 06:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi Amy and welcome! Wow, I am jealous that you already have your garden started! Here in NE Minnesota we don't start growing stuff outside until late May/early June.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#3 Old 04-30-2016, 09:05 PM
Son of Jupiter

Send a message via Skype™ to Linky
Hey there, Amy! Welcome to the forum.

Best of luck on your journey!

Life sucks without laughter so do that more often.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#4 Old 05-01-2016, 01:51 AM
Lifelong vegetarian

W e l c o m e !

-
-
-
-
-
-

My usual answer: I have never heard a convincing reason to eat meat.
#5 Old 05-01-2016, 05:08 AM

Welcome, Amy!

Tags
canada , gardening , introduction , running

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page