• 1 Post By kaitie813
  • 1 Post By Tues
  • 3 Post By Poppy
  • 1 Post By Tues
  • 1 Post By Tues

#1 Old 04-15-2016, 09:31 PM
Ethical Vegan in Training

Salutations!

I'm Tuesday, but please call me Tues. I am a 24-year-old female who was born and raised in Dallas, Texas. I moved to eastern North Carolina when I was 15, but I don't plan on living here forever. Anyway, I have been an on again off again vegan (or sometimes vegetarian) for many years (since age 12? 13?), but always gave up on following a vegan diet (I'm working on the vegan lifestyle changes, that's going to take more transitioning time though, because I need to learn more about various aspects of the subject) and one of my biggest issues was that I would give in to wanting to fit others peoples' ideals of "normal" (which is odd, because "normal" isn't something I have ever been called nor truly aspired to).

I am turning over a new leaf today though and I am living my life for myself. I am going to start giving myself the love and respect I deserve.

I am tired of being someone who gives up on something they truly want, because they're afraid of it being "too hard". I'm done being that person.

With that said, I am going back to being a vegan. I would love to make friends who have similar views and find a support system within this site.

I hope you're all doing well.

Thank you for taking the time to read this,
Tues
LedBoots and Jenn2 like this.

Last edited by Tues; 04-16-2016 at 02:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-16-2016, 12:03 AM
The Corpulent Vegan

Welcome! Self love is definitely important. As an eating disorder survivor in recovery I feel you about the self love and respect concerns. This community has a TON of resources to help make keeping the began resolution easier. I think you'll fit right in.

Check out the transition forums if you wanna meet others struggling with the transition too. Everyone here is super supportive.

Welcome!
#3 Old 04-16-2016, 12:24 AM
Lifelong vegetarian

W e l c o m e !

-
-
-
-
-
-

My usual answer: I have never heard a convincing reason to eat meat.

#4 Old 04-16-2016, 07:13 AM
Vegan since 1991

Welcome aboard!

_________

“Under the twinkling trees was a table covered with Guatemalan fabric, roses in juice jars, wax rose candles from Tijuana and plates of food — Weetzie's Vegetable Love-Rice, My Secret Agent Lover Man's guacamole, Dirk's homemade pizza, Duck's fig and berry salad and Surfer Surprise Protein Punch, Brandy-Lynn's pink macaroni, Coyote's cornmeal cakes, Ping's mushu plum crepes and Valentine's Jamaican plantain pie."

from Witch Baby, Francesca Lia Block, 1991
#5 Old 04-16-2016, 09:16 AM

Welcome I've just re-transitioned into veganism as well I'm kind of on a journey of self-acceptance too. Having a support system is always important and I've found this site to be really helpful in that regard.
LedBoots likes this.
#6 Old 04-16-2016, 10:08 AM

Thank you to everyone who has so warmly welcomed me. This was lovely to wake up to.

Do any of you have Kik and would like to message each other through that? We could even talk about more than veganism. I'm a great listener and if you need to vent, I will be there for you. My Kik username is TuesdayE, if you add me please let me know your from VeggieBoards.
#7 Old 04-16-2016, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliakai View Post
Welcome! Self love is definitely important. As an eating disorder survivor in recovery I feel you about the self love and respect concerns. This community has a TON of resources to help make keeping the began resolution easier. I think you'll fit right in.

Check out the transition forums if you wanna meet others struggling with the transition too. Everyone here is super supportive.

Welcome!
I've never been completely honest with myself, even though I've been diagnosed and admitted to my mother I had an eating disorder, but I want to be healthy, so I will admit now that I am still struggling with an eating disorder. However, being vegan makes me feel stronger and I find myself not restricting as much or some days not at all. I'm sorry so glad you are a survivor in recovery, because hearing things like that inspire me to recover myself. So, thank you for sharing that with me.
#8 Old 04-16-2016, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitie813 View Post
Welcome I've just re-transitioned into veganism as well I'm kind of on a journey of self-acceptance too. Having a support system is always important and I've found this site to be really helpful in that regard.
That's wonderful! The journey to self-acceptance can be a tough one, but I know it is worth it.
#9 Old 04-16-2016, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David3 View Post
Welcome aboard!
Thank you! Also, I couldn't help but notice your title is "Vegan since 1991". I was born in 1991, so I think it's really awesome there are people out in the world who have been vegan as long as I have been alive and many who have been vegan even longer.

It has me thinking these forums are going to be great inspiration for me.
I'm even more excited to finally be true to myself.
LedBoots likes this.
#10 Old 04-16-2016, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitie813 View Post
That is so awesome! I'm really proud of you. Trust me, I know the journey to self-acceptance can feel hopeless, but I believe in you and (even though I'm not there myself) I just know this journey is worth it.
#11 Old 04-16-2016, 12:15 PM
Ankle Biter

I say this frequently on VB, but it's true: being vegan is the most personally liberating thing I have ever done for myself. Nothing beats living the values you hold most dear. Welcome to the rest of your life. Don't look back.
LedBoots, Jenn2 and Tues like this.

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#12 Old 04-16-2016, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
I say this frequently on VB, but it's true: being vegan is the most personally liberating thing I have ever done for myself. Nothing beats living the values you hold most dear. Welcome to the rest of your life. Don't look back.
Aw, thank you so much. I have had a hard time taking care of myself in the past due to mental disorders like PTSD, but I am finally getting to a place where I am feeling determined and confident. I'm actually starting to look forward to having a life. Which is new for me.
LedBoots likes this.
#13 Old 04-16-2016, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tues View Post
Thank you! Also, I couldn't help but notice your title is "Vegan since 1991". I was born in 1991, so I think it's really awesome there are people out in the world who have been vegan as long as I have been alive and many who have been vegan even longer.

It has me thinking these forums are going to be great inspiration for me.
I'm even more excited to finally be true to myself.
You'll be psyched over this ---

http://thevegantruth.blogspot.com/20...nce-birth.html
#14 Old 04-16-2016, 07:27 PM
Beginner

Welcome! I love the energy in your posts!
#15 Old 04-17-2016, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggie man View Post
Welcome! I love the energy in your posts!
Thank you! I used to have flat/emotionless response to everything (and still slip back into it a lot), but I'm learning how to express myself better and allow myself to have emotions. It's quite easy with this since I am passionate about being vegan. I think it's really nice that you picked up on that energy. Thank you for sharing with me that you noticed!
veggie man likes this.
#16 Old 04-20-2016, 10:19 AM

Hello and welcome to the forum Tues! You have come to the right place! Wishing you the best in your vegan journey!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
friends , lifestyle , new member , support , Vegan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page