VeggieBoards banner

Hello! :)

Tags
member newbie
1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  River 
#1 · (Edited)
New member here. I haven't edited my profile yet but i just wanted to introduce myself first.

My name is Alice, I am 27 years old and i am currently trying to transition to Vegetarianism. I started about 5 days ago.
I thought this board will be great to meet like-minded people and I could use some support especially since everyone I know is a meat-eater.

The documentary Vegucated was definitely eye-opening and inspired me to eat healthier (since i seriously lack in fruits & veggies!) as well as wanting to minimize the suffering of animals.
I will not be consuming any eggs so I think that would make me transitioning to Lacto-Vegetarianism (correct me if i'm wrong, please!). I am also Lactose Intolerant but that sure doesn't stop me from consuming cheese :x

I would like to someday call myself a Vegan.

Anyways, i think that's it. Looking forward to this place already! :))

#2 ·
Hi Alice. :hi: Welcome to VB!

Reactions: floratink
#3 ·
Welcome floratink!

I was lactose intolerant too as an omnivore and it made me so so sick to consume most dairy and almost all cheese. I would still try to consume Greek yogurt and very slight amounts of mozzarella and grated Parmesan on rare occasion but when I got dairy completely out of my diet, my digestion improved dramatically, the bloating cramping and diarrhea left, the sinus congestion went away, and my energy and stamina increased by a LOT. I was already mostly consuming plant milks for years before becoming vegan (soy milk has sure improved from what it was in the late 1990s lol) and would avoid most dairy like the plague but the Greek yogurt was my last holdout. I think dairy/cheese is the hardest for people to give up.

I haven't seen Vegucated though I have heard good things about it! I hope you find lots of support and tools here! It's great to have you here!

#4 ·
Welcome floratink!

I was lactose intolerant too as an omnivore and it made me so so sick to consume most dairy and almost all cheese. I would still try to consume Greek yogurt and very slight amounts of mozzarella and grated Parmesan on rare occasion but when I got dairy completely out of my diet, my digestion improved dramatically, the bloating cramping and diarrhea left, the sinus congestion went away, and my energy and stamina increased by a LOT. I was already mostly consuming plant milks for years before becoming vegan (soy milk has sure improved from what it was in the late 1990s lol) and would avoid most dairy like the plague but the Greek yogurt was my last holdout. I think dairy/cheese is the hardest for people to give up.

I haven't seen Vegucated though I have heard good things about it! I hope you find lots of support and tools here! It's great to have you here!
Really! That is very interesting! I'm surprised that your energy has increased, who would've thought? Luckily, i don't think the transition from Vegetarian to Vegan would be too difficult since there are a lot of Vegetarian/Vegan-friendly alternatives out today. I hardly consume dairy products in general and I know it will be hard to go out to eat at a restaurant, especially living in the South!

You should try catching it while it's still on Netflix! :)
Thanks for being so nice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.