VeggieBoards banner

Hi from NYC!

708 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Enthios 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Well, I'm ready to commit to losing some weight and toning up. Today I totally binged, which is something I haven't really done much lately, but it was my "last hurrah" before getting real.

So, I'm vegan, and I think I need to take a healthier approach than I have lately. I.e., more fruit, veggies, etc., and less random stuff like granola bars and processed food.

Who's with me? I'd love to have a daily post going where we can say what we're eating, how we're working out, advice/tips/recipes, etc. Reply and let me know if you're with me! :)

#2 ·
Great to hear that you are getting your diet in such control. Cutting down on processed foods is such a good thing to do. It appears that you may be on the way to thinking more about raw foods. You must be getting inspiration and/or encouragement somewhere. How did you get to considering a strict diet of whole natural foods?

#3 ·
Thank you for your support!!

I used to be a much healthier eater, back in college. I looked my best and felt great, too. I was able to do more in the gym. It's been a good number of years since then (7 to be exact--eek), and things have shifted more to the convenience end of the spectrum. I don't eat horribly and I don't look radically different. But I don't feel my best, and I could look better. So, that's where my motivation comes from.

Today wasn't super-great, though. I did decently in the gym, but I ate too much convenience stuff. For example, Fiber One now has vegan gummies, and I had about 4 or so packets (70 calories each). My dinner was a bowl of fiber cereal because I was too tired to make anything more dinner-like.

I'm just so tired these days. I don't know why; maybe I'm not sleeping very well, but it's throwing me off!

#5 ·
Realize the importance of that good feeling of consuming really well and let it take more priority over the other things. When life detours us and keeps us busy with other needs then that is something that needs to be worked on. That lack of caring is a lot of what we see in our surroundings but we shouldn't let that effect us. We know better and know something that others don't know, and care about ourselves, others and life more.
The mainstream drives through fast-food take-out, and those who consume healthy spend more time preparing and thinking to make sure their food is good quality. It is a good habit that can be obtained by work and realizing how rewarding that it is. It is a skill and not too many people have developed it.
What you are experiencing is something that everybody struggles with and nobody can say that they are or have always been in complete control. And when we get sloppy we feel the consequence.
My favorite mindset - motivator is the belief that when we die (leave this life) the only thing that we take with us is the consciousness that we have developed within us. So nothing is as important as feeding our spirit the best energy. Any time life could take our money, our shelter, our material things but it cannot take the consciousness that we have developed within us. So that should always be priority. And even a main goal in life.
The things that society or school or our peers or our family want or expect or are encouraging us to do are not necessarily as important as caring more about our consumption.
Now this is my mind-set and it is not necessarily the right thing for everybody because everybody has different needs. But there is always a good reason for taking better care of ourselves, because we are what we make of ourselves by what we choose to put in us. And we should care about that.
Another thing, changing to becoming a better energy source within us can take a long time and a lot of work. What did we use before for energy? coffee, alcohol, large doses of sugar, meats etc.... The changes take work that society doesn't know much of anything about.
It often is not easy which is a reason many don't do it.
Gotta ask is your life direction (career and/or hobbies) well enough directed to receive (enough) caring motivation in it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.