Never EVER thought I'd go vegan, LOVE IT. - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By romyg

#1 Old 08-12-2014, 07:09 AM

Never EVER thought I'd go vegan, LOVE IT.

Hi,

Few facts about me: Milk was my #1 favorite substance on the planet. I had spent 30 years trying to slim down. I thought salads = misery.

A month ago I stumbled across the movie, Forks Over Knives. I was shocked, for the first time EVER I really considered cutting dairy. Pivotal for me was how the doctors urged, a "whole food, plant-based" diet. If they had said Veg-anything, I'd have stopped listening.

I immediately switched to a vegan diet. Though I kept the milk in the frig until I was sure I could survive. I have never taken another sip.

Knowing Chipolte was out there to help me in a bind (beans, rice, salsa) gave me hope. I love learning about what I can eat and still enjoy. I try not to think about what I miss. I was a cookie monster.

Within 36 hours I felt a sense of well-being that I haven't felt in awhile. I just CAN'T believe I gave up milk and eat a vegan diet!

I look forward to posting a question I have, but I can't seem to find the place to do that. Lil help, please.
Vegan Dave and spartanfish like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-12-2014, 10:09 AM

very good luck to you.
#3 Old 08-12-2014, 11:42 AM
Oryzatarian

Good work

#4 Old 08-12-2014, 12:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by romyg View Post
I look forward to posting a question I have, but I can't seem to find the place to do that. Lil help, please.
Hi romyg and welcome to VeggieBoards.

My good wishes on your vegan journey.

I don't know, of course, what your question is but if you look down all the categories on the "forums page" you might be able find to find a forum/sub-forum appropriate for your question. If your question relates to veganism, you may well find that the Vegan Support Forum or Transitioning to Vegan Forum is the appropriate area for you. In any event if somebody opens up a new thread in the wrong place, one of the mods can always move it.

You can always use the SEARCH facility towards the top right of the "forums page", to see if your question has previously been asked and answered.

Leedsveg
#5 Old 08-12-2014, 01:13 PM
Don't Eat Animals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romyg View Post
Hi,

Few facts about me: Milk was my #1 favorite substance on the planet. I had spent 30 years trying to slim down. I thought salads = misery.

A month ago I stumbled across the movie, Forks Over Knives. I was shocked, for the first time EVER I really considered cutting dairy. Pivotal for me was how the doctors urged, a "whole food, plant-based" diet. If they had said Veg-anything, I'd have stopped listening.

I immediately switched to a vegan diet. Though I kept the milk in the frig until I was sure I could survive. I have never taken another sip.

Knowing Chipolte was out there to help me in a bind (beans, rice, salsa) gave me hope. I love learning about what I can eat and still enjoy. I try not to think about what I miss. I was a cookie monster.

Within 36 hours I felt a sense of well-being that I haven't felt in awhile. I just CAN'T believe I gave up milk and eat a vegan diet!

CONGRATS!!!!!!

It's amazing how good you feel after going vegan......keep up the good work!!!!! Look around here for ideas of what to eat, etc. It actually gets easier the longer you do it.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!

All animals should be respected & should have the ability to lead a natural & enjoyable life. This means not eating them, or abusing them in any way.

Tags
Forks-Over-Knives , introduction , milk-lover

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page