Hello! - VeggieBoards - A Vegetarian Community
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-27-2012, 11:20 PM
Beginner

Hello! I'm new to the boards. Joined over two years ago but never used the account until now. I initially becamen interested in vegetarianism a few ago and half attempted it before but am making a serious effort this time around. I had originally debated going pescetarian (yes, I know that's not vegetarian) but then I read an article about the high amount of deformities in gulf shrimp and crab (presumably thanks to the BP oil spill) and that pretty much ended that.
Anyway, I have now been vegetarian for a whole week! Figured it would be a good idea to become active on a veggie board since I'm super new to this and need recipe ideas badly. So in short lol just wanted to say hi to everyone!

~ Lady of the orchards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-27-2012, 11:24 PM
Beginner

I'm sure this has been posted elsewhere but here's the article I am referring to: Gulf seafood deformities alarm scientists

~ Lady of the orchards
#3 Old 04-28-2012, 12:22 AM
Beginner

Hi Pomona. Welcome back! Hope you'll stick around,because there are lots of very good recipes and plenty of cooking tips here and I can direct you to some of my favorite recipe blogs as well if you like.I just read the piece on the deformities a few days ago. Disturbing, but I have to say not surprising.
We're glad you've joined us. Congratulations on your first meat free week! It feels good, doesn't it?
#4 Old 04-28-2012, 10:38 AM
Beginner

Yes, I would love to know what your favorite blogs are! I'm trying to find as much info as I can about vegetarianism, healthy diet, recipes, etc.

Can't say I'm shocked either but I'm a big seafood lover especially with shrimp so I continued to eat it anyway. But those photos of the eyeless shrimp really did it for me.

~ Lady of the orchards
#5 Old 04-28-2012, 11:25 AM
Beginner

Hello and welcome.

I saw that article on the Care site and it is proof that pollution is killing the sea's natural flore and life.

What does your User name mean ? Do you live there ?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page