VeggieBoards banner

So, WHAT is raw?

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Doktormartini 
#1 ·
Well, I am currently just vegetarian. However, reading about the great benefits of eating even a partially raw diet, interests me! I was reading through the threads, and someone mentioned sundried tomatoes as part of one of their raw meals. I never really thought about it, but I didn't know that sundried tomatoes were raw. It now makes sense to me, but I'm curious what other foods out there are raw, that someone may not think would be raw. I think having a list of these foods would help me to create raw meals!

So, are there any other foods that are considered raw - such as sundried tomatoes - that I should incorporate into my raw meal planning?

I think what I am going to try to do is this:

Breakfast - raw (fruit)
Snack - raw (such as raw nuts)
Lunch - 1/2 meal of cooked legumes, brown rice and 1/2 of meal raw salad/slaw
Snack - Sunwarrior Raw protein drink (until I can buy a Vitamix and make my own)
Dinner - large raw salad/slaw

Also, are flax crackers something I can buy or something that you guys make?

Any raw salad dressings? Are oils considered raw (olive oil, etc.) Also, almond butter is raw, correct? And is everything "sprouted" made by Food for Life raw?

Thanks for all your help!!

See less See more
#7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by penny79 View Post

I think you can get raw apple cider vinegar.
My go to "dressing" lately has been a red bell pepper, a large tomato, and a jalapeno blended together. Yum!

Lemons or limes would be nice.
I'm gonna try this this week but add some lemon juice. My gf hates jalapenos (anything spicy)...oh well more for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.