What kind of tea do you like? - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mr. H.

#1 Old 08-28-2017, 12:16 AM

What kind of tea do you like?

I love strong hot tea recently, especially black tea and Oolong tea. Sometimes I drink tea with honey and lemon, It tastes very good.
When the clock rang, everything in the world stopped for tea. Read a book quietly, then a cup of tea, I am very enjoy it.
What kind of tea do you like?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-29-2017, 06:00 PM

My very favorite is Good Earth's Sweet and Spicy. Its a black tea with apple and cinnamon overtones. I usually make a couple of quarts of iced tea at a time, half S&S and half Lipton's. And I have a glass of iced tea most warm afternoons. If its cold, I'll have regular S&S or a spiced chai. In the evening i occasionally have a decaf spiced chai.
#3 Old 08-29-2017, 08:05 PM
Vegan since 1991

I like Earl Grey and Constant Comment teas.

Yes! Good Earth Original (Sweet & Spicy) tea is amazing! They changed the label though.

_________

“Under the twinkling trees was a table covered with Guatemalan fabric, roses in juice jars, wax rose candles from Tijuana and plates of food — Weetzie's Vegetable Love-Rice, My Secret Agent Lover Man's guacamole, Dirk's homemade pizza, Duck's fig and berry salad and Surfer Surprise Protein Punch, Brandy-Lynn's pink macaroni, Coyote's cornmeal cakes, Ping's mushu plum crepes and Valentine's Jamaican plantain pie."

from Witch Baby, Francesca Lia Block, 1991

Last edited by David3; 08-29-2017 at 08:10 PM.

#4 Old 09-15-2017, 05:47 PM

I like black tea, but I stopped drinking it when I found out that tea leaves absorb more fluoride from the soil than any other plant. If you've done any research on fluoride it is not good for you. Turns your pineal gland (third eye) to stone. And apparently white, green, and black tea are all from the same plant - just different stages of the plants growth, so they all contain fluoride.

I can't seem to find a good alternative herbal tea.
#5 Old 09-16-2017, 09:40 AM
Vegan since 1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuurt View Post
I like black tea, but I stopped drinking it when I found out that tea leaves absorb more fluoride from the soil than any other plant. If you've done any research on fluoride it is not good for you. Turns your pineal gland (third eye) to stone. And apparently white, green, and black tea are all from the same plant - just different stages of the plants growth, so they all contain fluoride.

I can't seem to find a good alternative herbal tea.

Hi kuurt,

Could you include a weblink to where you read this about tea?

_________

“Under the twinkling trees was a table covered with Guatemalan fabric, roses in juice jars, wax rose candles from Tijuana and plates of food — Weetzie's Vegetable Love-Rice, My Secret Agent Lover Man's guacamole, Dirk's homemade pizza, Duck's fig and berry salad and Surfer Surprise Protein Punch, Brandy-Lynn's pink macaroni, Coyote's cornmeal cakes, Ping's mushu plum crepes and Valentine's Jamaican plantain pie."

from Witch Baby, Francesca Lia Block, 1991
#6 Old 09-16-2017, 09:54 AM
Tom
Veggie Regular

I like regular tea, but haven't really thought about the brand or different varieties. As for herb teas, I've tried catnip, peppermint, spearmint, chamomile, and lemon balm; catnip is my favorite, with chamomile and peppermint tying for second place. Catnip tastes somewhere between oregano and mint, which sounds weird, but it works somehow. Chamomile has a pleasant, delicate, lemony taste. I always have my tea without sugar or anything else; it might be interesting to try the herb teas sweetened, at least once, but I really prefer regular tea plain.

EDITED TO ADD: I just noticed this is the raw food forum... Is tea "raw" if it's steeped in hot water?

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.

Last edited by Tom; 09-16-2017 at 09:57 AM.
#7 Old 09-16-2017, 01:31 PM

It wouldn't let me post links because I only have 4 posts. But if you just google "tea leaves contain fluoride" you'll find lots of articles about it. You can also google "fluoride and the pineal gland"

We have fluoride in tap water (in the U.S.), in most toothpastes, and in our tea and coffee.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page