Forum Jump: 
 6Likes
  • 1 Post By JoyfulOlivia683
  • 2 Post By silva
  • 2 Post By David3
  • 1 Post By LedBoots

#1 Old 06-24-2016, 12:21 PM

Question Raw food meal plans?

I'd like to start having some fully raw days throughout my week. Can anyone give me an idea of what you eat in a day? I don't want to just eat salads every day.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Instagram:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-27-2016, 09:59 AM

Salads are a good start.

Are you looking to not cook anything at all?
On my raw only days, I like to make up a few different kinds of hummus, (I know this requires cooking some beans), you could make Guac if you don't want to do hummus.

Then I just slice up veggies and dip them in what I make and graze all day long.

Use Friendly Reminders to create and share your culinary profile for Facebook events.

Friendly Reminders

#3 Old 06-27-2016, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyfulOlivia683 View Post
Salads are a good start.

Are you looking to not cook anything at all?
On my raw only days, I like to make up a few different kinds of hummus, (I know this requires cooking some beans), you could make Guac if you don't want to do hummus.

Then I just slice up veggies and dip them in what I make and graze all day long.
You can do a sprouted chickpea hummus - that's all raw--
http://www.smallfootprintfamily.com/...-hummus-recipe

#4 Old 06-29-2016, 11:54 AM

I love hummus, but I'd like to stay fully raw. Guac is a great idea! I'll definitely do that. I guess I will do some smoothies with avocado also to help keep me fuller longer.

Facebook:

Instagram:
#5 Old 06-29-2016, 12:39 PM
Vegan since 1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianne Gonzalez View Post
I love hummus, but I'd like to stay fully raw. Guac is a great idea! I'll definitely do that. I guess I will do some smoothies with avocado also to help keep me fuller longer.

Here are some recipes: http://rawfoodrecipes.com/meal/dinner/

The nutritional structure of raw vegan diets is different than that of mixed cooked/raw vegan diets. You might find it useful to check out this book from the library: https://www.amazon.com/Becoming-Raw-.../dp/1570672385 . It is authored by two vegan Registered Dietitians. If your library doesn't have it, they can get for you - just ask them to do an "interlibrary loan".

_________

“Under the twinkling trees was a table covered with Guatemalan fabric, roses in juice jars, wax rose candles from Tijuana and plates of food — Weetzie's Vegetable Love-Rice, My Secret Agent Lover Man's guacamole, Dirk's homemade pizza, Duck's fig and berry salad and Surfer Surprise Protein Punch, Brandy-Lynn's pink macaroni, Coyote's cornmeal cakes, Ping's mushu plum crepes and Valentine's Jamaican plantain pie."

from Witch Baby, Francesca Lia Block, 1991
#6 Old 06-29-2016, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianne Gonzalez View Post
I love hummus, but I'd like to stay fully raw
But I linked a raw hummus...
#7 Old 07-10-2016, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MermaidCherish View Post
My favorite cook is Fullyraw Kristina on YouTube. She lives an inspirational life and makes food that looks devine! I just had her Fullyraw Mango Avocado Noodle Salad the other day. Super sweet, but oh! So delicious! You can really make ANY THING on a raw vegan diet: pizza, spaghetti, macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, etc. You just have to know how! <3

You can also mono meal, which means to pick a fruit and eat several (until full) for lunch. I'm still learning the ins and outs of this, but I wouldn't mind making a meal of mango, for example! Quick, easy, simple, on-the-go.
Lunch of mangos? At one gram protein, 2% protein, 1% iron, you'd have a lot of making up to do!
#8 Old 07-10-2016, 06:09 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Hi and welcome. Here are some fancy raw meals for when you have time and are craving deliciousness.

http://m.huffpost.com/ca/entry/8583428/slideshow/464470

And here is one with 21 raw recipes, one a day for 3 weeks. http://www.fullyraw.com/the-21-day-meal-plan/

Make sure you are getting enough food--calories, quantity, etc. It is not an inexpensive diet, raw vegan.
#9 Old 07-11-2016, 09:25 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MermaidCherish View Post
It's not the only thing you eat during the day. It's one meal; not several.

Here's a video I found on monomealing:

youtube.com/watch?v=V39FXt9aD10
Just make sure you research whichever eating plan you choose. Raw is expensive, and you pretty much need a car to transport your fruit home, or produce delivery to your home. It is difficult to eat enough and enough variety on a raw diet.

I hate to see people give up on veganism because eating only raw foods is extrememly difficult to sustain, especially in cold climates in the winter.
David3 likes this.
#10 Old 09-11-2016, 07:52 PM
99% Vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post
Just make sure you research whichever eating plan you choose. Raw is expensive, and you pretty much need a car to transport your fruit home, or produce delivery to your home. It is difficult to eat enough and enough variety on a raw diet.

I hate to see people give up on veganism because eating only raw foods is extrememly difficult to sustain, especially in cold climates in the winter.
All of what you said, is exactly why I quit checking out the 100% Raw Foods only diet. On top of that, I kept finding only recipes that are "snackish" instead of "dinnerish".

However, I have figured out a better "dinnerish" meal outside of salads. I found the Courgette (Zucchini) noodles are really good with an Indian-Italian mix, Rawspaghetti sauce. I love the flavour when I combine traditional Indian spices with Marjoram, Cilantro, Sweet Basil and Rosemary.

The place closed, unfortunately. I did not realize that! We had a Raw Vegan restarant that was to die for! Ecopolitan. There dishes are very inspired looking and look like fancy foods for fancy people. If I didn't have the food allergies I do have, I would eat there. I only managed to eat their twice and do okay.

I add in some pictures from their website that is still up. and because recipe ideas were asked for, I hope these images inspire you. Sorry, but I can not tell you what is in these recipes. I can only see what the ingredients they might have.

Allergic99%Vegan

Last edited by tpkyteroo luebeck; 09-12-2016 at 09:07 AM. Reason: fixed my wrong info. wrote cos, instead of courgette. silly me!
#11 Old 02-23-2017, 03:58 AM

You can also try out Veggie Vibes

They do all vegan and mostly raw food meal prep and deliver to your home,
you can choose a 3 day or 7 day option so if you were looking to do 3 days raw in a week
then that would be perfect for you

Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page