Forum Jump: 
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By David3
  • 1 Post By silva
  • 2 Post By distinctperson

#1 Old 06-17-2016, 01:37 PM

Feedback on my super-smoothie

Hello everyone,

As of last week, I've been making this smoothie every morning in lieu of a breakfast. I want to gather your opinion on my recipe (if you could call it one).

It is important for me to state that I'm not drinking this to gratify my taste buds (it doesn't taste that good, actually), but rather to receive a wide-range of health benefits from the individual components.

The list of items in my smoothie are the following:
-Spinach
-Kale
-Broccoli
-Cauliflower
-Mushrooms
-Parsley
-Cilantro
-Basil
-Green onionsit
-Fresh ginger roots
-Dates
-Blueberries
-Raspberries
-Blackberries
-Tomatoes
-Cashews
-Pecans
-2 Whey protein scoops (40g)
- and, finally, Chia seeds

I know it may sound like a strange combo, but I'm actually thinking of adding yet even more (perhaps Cucumbers, Beets, etc).

Please share with me your opinion on this recipe, and what would you change/add to it if you were me.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-17-2016, 03:45 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

That must take a long time to make!
#3 Old 06-17-2016, 03:54 PM
Vegan since 1991

Those all look like healthy foods!

LedBoots likes this.

_________

“Under the twinkling trees was a table covered with Guatemalan fabric, roses in juice jars, wax rose candles from Tijuana and plates of food — Weetzie's Vegetable Love-Rice, My Secret Agent Lover Man's guacamole, Dirk's homemade pizza, Duck's fig and berry salad and Surfer Surprise Protein Punch, Brandy-Lynn's pink macaroni, Coyote's cornmeal cakes, Ping's mushu plum crepes and Valentine's Jamaican plantain pie."

from Witch Baby, Francesca Lia Block, 1991

#4 Old 06-17-2016, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

Certainly healthy.
I have to say, if you broke it down to two smoothies, like one for lunch, the fruit one and the veg one would both be good!
BlueMts likes this.
#5 Old 06-17-2016, 08:28 PM

I agree with you, Silva. The quantity of the smoothie is too copious for a single meal, it appears. I usually consume it over a period of an hour.

Any downside to mixing such a variety into one smoothie ? Do you think the oxalate content is too high ?
#6 Old 06-17-2016, 08:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Looks great (though as a vegan I would personally ditch the whey...and it's not really raw is it?), but my oh my that must be expensive! Especially if you eat all that every morning!

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#7 Old 06-17-2016, 08:52 PM

I love your signature, Naturebound. It is so true.
LedBoots and Naturebound like this.
#8 Old 06-18-2016, 03:20 AM
Super Moderator

Tumeric with the veggies!
I've been drinking a ginger/tumeric soy milk and it really is amazing!
#9 Old 06-18-2016, 11:30 AM

I added avocados, apricots, and garlic today. I will purchase some tumeric from the store (does Wholefoods carry them?) today. Thanks for the idea.
#10 Old 06-18-2016, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator

You can buy powdered tumeric pretty much anywhere. A big bag is under $3.00 at my local Indian store--I think it's a pound. They also have fresh, similar to ginger root, but beware--it's crazy staining!
I've been drinking a soy milk ginger tumeric beverage I made in my soy milk machine. Great for inflammation. I think I'll stick to powdered because of the potential for staining
#11 Old 06-18-2016, 08:25 PM

That looks so healthy!

You could try adding some mango and/or orange to sweeten it if you wanted to? I personally hate orange juice, but you might like it.
#12 Old 05-14-2017, 06:37 AM

I can't imagine what that tastes like, but it'll surely provide you with tons of healthy nutrients. I wouldn't put so many ingredients in one smoothie though. Beets are good for circulation
#13 Old 05-14-2017, 07:33 PM
Beginner

@distinctperson

The only concern is the whey.

Plant-Based Diet = Vegan Diet

"Lifestyle approaches aren’t just safer and cheaper. They can work better, because you’re treating the actual cause of the disease."
https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how...heart-disease/

"Why is the intake of animal protein associated with heart disease—even independent of saturated fat—and the intake of plant protein protective?"
https://nutritionfacts.org/video/pro...heart-disease/

"The galactose in milk may explain why milk consumption is associated with significantly higher risk of hip fractures, cancer, and premature death."
https://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-...for-our-bones/

"Neurotoxin contamination of the dairy supply doesn’t explain why the association between Parkinson’s disease and skim milk consumption is as strong as the association with whole milk."
https://nutritionfacts.org/video/cou...-disease-link/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cheers,
Riuma

Copyright to this Riuma. All rights reserved.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page