Quote:
Avocado seed is very high is Qi energy.

source: http://omtimes.com/2012/10/13-great-benefits-of-eating-avocado-seeds/

Kool, will give is a try sometime. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-04-2013, 11:55 AM
Beginner

Awesome! I eat a lot of avocado and often times wonder about the value of the seed. I'm definitely going to have to start eating it blended with the actual meat of the avocado now. Thanks!
#3 Old 01-05-2013, 10:33 AM
Tom
Beginner

I didn't even know the seed was edible. Some time ago I found out that avocado is toxic to some animals, so I started cutting back on buying them and taking more care disposing of the seed and peel so that squirrels or other animals wouldn't be poisoned.

"Ground Control to Major Tom.... Ground Control to Major Tom...

Take your protein pills and put your helmet on...."

David Bowie- "Space Oddity"

#4 Old 01-05-2013, 04:27 PM
Beginner

Cool, they're so big i don't like just throwing them out.  The only thing i've done with avocado pits was try to sprout them, unsuccessfully.
I googled this because i wanted more opinions/recipe ideas and i came across 20 Ways to Use Avocado Seeds and apparently you can grate them up, boil that in water, and add that water to shampoo to make something better to wash your hair with.  I don't use shampoo so i'm thinking maybe i'll mix baking soda in the avocado seed water instead of using just regular water in my baking soda wash.  I have an avocado so i try what ever concoction i come up with soon.

A plastic hutch is no substitute for a mother. Replace dairy, not mothers.
#5 Old 01-06-2013, 10:44 AM
Beginner

I never even thought about eating the seed before. I'll have to experiment with this next time I eat one.

"I am a woman of science. At least that's what my horoscope said."
#6 Old 01-12-2013, 05:10 PM
Beginner

if you throw the whole avocado skin and all in a vitamix with some good green juice and puree it to a liquid it will give you good dose of healthy fats along with all the minerals from the pit and skin. as for the shampoo thing thats interesting, i personaly havnt used shampoo or soap for a year. i use raw cider vineager on my skin and once a week
#7 Old 01-16-2013, 07:12 AM
Beginner

*jaws drop* I would have never thought of even looking that information up. The seed is so hard I was sure  it was not edible. Never though about eating the skin either. Time to start reading! Thank you so much for those informations!

"To the world you may be just one person, but to one life you may be the world."

#8 Old 02-14-2013, 05:45 PM
Beginner

I've always wondered if the seed was edible. Thanks for sharing!

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

—Jimi Hendrix

#9 Old 02-21-2013, 06:06 AM
Beginner

That is amazing.  I would have thought it was too hard to do anything much with it. I will be exploring this option now.  thanks for the info.

#10 Old 03-18-2013, 05:44 PM
Beginner

Ok, so i finally got around to making the "shampoo."  I used 2 small pits that had sat out on the counter several days after being removed from the avocado and washed.  Grating them was a lot easier then i thought it would be (i tasted a piece and it was odd but not terrible).  Then i boiled/simmered them for a while in 4 cups of water (it smelled like pine and, i think, saddle soap).  Next i cooled the mixture a bit and strained it.

For the first time i used this wash i added a tablespoon of baking soda in about 1+ cups of the solution.  I followed it with a vinegar rinse.  I didn't use leave-in conditioner to see how my hair would be without it and it was too puffy, like i had just done a normal baking soda wash.
The second time i used about a teaspoon and about 3/4 cup of the liquid and used both a vinegar rinse and leave-in conditioner.  And i have to say i like it.  My hair is soft and has decent slip, there is a bit of shrinkage, i think, but that doesn't bother me.  It seems to be an improvement on my normal baking soda wash.

Also, i mixed the leftover gratings with a bit of baking soda to make a face "scrub" that worked out well.

A plastic hutch is no substitute for a mother. Replace dairy, not mothers.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page