TO DETOXICATE -- Dr. Norman W. Walker D.Sc. legendary author of Raw Vegetable Juices - VeggieBoards - A Vegetarian Community
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-20-2010, 01:15 AM
Banned

TO DETOXICATE

described by Dr. Norman W. Walker legendary author of Raw Vegetable Juices

by

cf1323

Fresh Vegetable and Fruit Juices is a complete guide to the therapeutic use of fresh, raw vegetable and fruit juices for the effective treatment of specific ailments. It is an essential reference for anyone who juices on a regular basis or for anyone who is thinking of adding fresh juices to their diet along with green foods. But a great injustice has been done to all of us. And the late, great, raw vegetable juice pioneer and authority Dr. Walker has been dishonored. In Dr. Walker's classic book Fresh Vegetable and Fruit Juices the publisher has unilaterally taken upon itself to omit Dr. Walker's entire section on detoxification. And in its place they have put a PUBLISHER'S NOTE saying because certain laxatives Dr. Walker recommends in his book are no longer available commercially they have deleted his section on detoxification, and instead, we should consult with a physician to have colonics done. But who's to say a physician's colonics are equal to Dr. Walker's detoxification method, for they are not equal?

Throughout Dr. Walker's book he constantly with equal importance refers to the extremely high importance of doing detoxification, high colon irrigations, and repeated enemas in addition to drinking fresh raw juices. He refers to the importance of performing detoxification at least once per page or more throughout his book. In the book's section TO DETOXICATE he mentions various laxatives you can use to perform the initial stage of the detoxification process of the entire body. As the publisher reports it is true that these laxatives are no longer available on the market. However, these laxatives are only a very small part of the section TO DETOXICATE. 98% of the section is on HOW TO PERFORM THE DETOXIFICATION process and its derived benefits. Readers can easily find out themselves what laxatives are available to use in place of what Dr. Walker suggests. So, why did the publisher remove the entire section TO DETOXICATE where Dr. Walker's instructions are so critically important on how to perform detoxification, complete detoxification? If the publisher is concerned about misuse of the laxatives that Dr. Walker recommends, what is the risk? These laxatives are no longer available, as the publisher notes!

Dr. Walker clearly states that drinking fresh raw vegetable juices is only one-third of his program. Eating a raw diet is the second-third, and performing detoxification, high colon irrigations, and repeated enemas is the final-third. All three parts comprise his program. The publisher has omitted the section "TO DETOXICATE", therefore, readers no longer can learn the complete process of Dr. Walker's program for excellent health.

I have been a raw vegetable juicer and a strong follower of Dr. Walker's philosophy since 1971. I have performed his 3-day detoxification process dozens of times since then. In the early years I used Seidlitz powders or Pluto water as Dr. Walker recommends as the laxative to initiate the detoxification process. In later years to the present in place of Seidlitz powders and Pluto water I use Epsom salt as the laxative, readily available everywhere. A pharmacist had recommended Epsom salt to me. Epsom salt gives me no ill effects, none at all when used as the laxative to initiate the detoxification process.

I can only assume the publisher omitted TO DETOXICATE, an extremely important section, a crucial fundamental part of Dr. Walker's raw juice and detoxification program, because of potential liability to themselves in the event a reader is harmed in some way following Dr. Walker's program to detoxicate using laxatives Seidlitz powders, Pluto water or Glauber Salts. However, having omitted the section does not negate the fact that a great disservice has been done to all of the readers of this great book. It is also a gross injustice to this great pioneer of natural means to great health. In view of what has been done it is my opinion if the publisher was concerned about liability, then they could have simply stated these laxatives are no longer available, and they should have left the complete section "TO DETOXICATE" in the book word for word as Dr. Walker had written them.

So, in honor of Dr. Walker, and to give one of his most important teachings to all the readers who want to know, I post in its entirety, word for word, exactly as it was originally written, from an uncensored copy of Dr. Walker's book Raw Vegetable Juices Ninth printing / August 1984, published annually since 1936, and reprinted again and again over the past 70 years, the section TO DETOXICATE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-26-2010, 08:32 PM
Beginner

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I don't think there's anything healthy about shooting stuff up your butt. Colonics, enemas, and the like are FAR from natural.
Big Foot Marty likes this.

Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart. -Confucius
#3 Old 05-26-2010, 08:56 PM
Banned

yeah- i don't tend to put things up my arse unless its really justified. i was led to beleive that stuff is really supposed to come out of there, not so much go in.

if stuff aint coming out, it'd maybe make sense to put summik in there to sort that out, and its a pretty decent place for medicine to get absorbed, but if it seems to not be exactly broken, i'm not about to go and detoxicate (i thought 'detoxify' was the word?) it. i'm not gonna go and use laxatives or enemas for no decent reason, and my bum doesn't generally seem that toxic, so yeah....

my general rule of thumb is that mouth is for in. arse is for out. yes no?

if people wanna do that sorta thing, fine by me- i'm not incharge of rectum related activities or nothing.. but i'd need a pretty good reason myself to stuff anything up there.
#4 Old 05-26-2010, 09:55 PM
Beginner

I eat a pretty clean diet and get a series of colonics twice a year. You'd be surprised how much gets left behind in the colon. Its pure water they use so I dont see what is not natural about it. Its a great way to rid your colon of toxic waste that is not eliminated.

They are here with us...Not for us!
#5 Old 05-26-2010, 10:08 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cf1323 View Post

Throughout Dr. Walker's book he constantly with equal importance refers to the extremely high importance of doing detoxification, high colon irrigations, and repeated enemas in addition to drinking fresh raw juices. He refers to the importance of performing detoxification at least once per page or more throughout his book.

Sounds like he had a bit of a butt fetish.

‎"One meal, soon forgotten, in exchange for a whole life." Author Unknown
"Fur is worn by beautiful animals and ugly people"

#6 Old 05-27-2010, 02:12 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Windy View Post

I eat a pretty clean diet and get a series of colonics twice a year. You'd be surprised how much gets left behind in the colon. Its pure water they use so I dont see what is not natural about it. Its a great way to rid your colon of toxic waste that is not eliminated.

I think what people see as unnatural about it are that in nature, we wouldn't be able to shoot water up our behinds. So it's not natural to humans. Now, there are plenty of other unnatural things we do (internet, anyone?), so people pick and choose which unnatural things they're comfortable with and which they're not.
#7 Old 02-26-2013, 02:06 PM
Beginner

A co-worker of mine gave me his very old book by Dr Walker. I had spent a year very sick, every time I turned around, in spite of the halfway decent way of eating I was used to.

I read the glauber salt section on detox and decided after a little research to try it.

I searched the net for glauber salts and purchased some. I went to the store to by the necessary fruits and started the next morning.

After drinking a third of the glass I thought don't think about it or you'll never drink it. Quickly I downed another third and then the last of it.

Within two to three minutes of completing the drink I was in the most violent state of vomiting I had ever had the displeasure of being in. I thought my intestines were rising through my esophagus. I was in such a violent state of retching that I couldn't even breathe. I gasped trying to get to my phone thinking I would die before I could call for help.

I wasn't going to post this but others have encouraged me to so others thinking of this process of detox will know at least one person's side effect.

I am not a writer. Just one who really can't express enough how scared I was in the midst of nearly dying, trying to detox.

#8 Old 02-26-2013, 04:37 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Some of this can be dangerous to some people. The fluid balance in the body is very delicate, as is the mineral balance. Epson salts are magnesium, which is healthy unless you are taking too much of it. Calcium, potassium, etc must be in a certain balance to sustain life. Flushing from both ends can mess that balance up, and just is not necessary, getting rid of beneficial digestion bacteria.

Be careful, anyone who does this.
#9 Old 02-26-2013, 07:22 PM
Beginner

This salts thing doesnt' sound like it has anything to do with raw foodism or fruits and vegetables. 

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page