VeggieBoards banner

What is your daily raw (or almost raw) diet like?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  clarita osita 
#1 ·
Hey folks. For those of you that are raw or high raw or half raw or whatever, could you please give me a little info about what your daily eating habits are like? Like what is a typical day for you in terms of food. I'm wondering because I've read some books on raw foods and some give daily meal plans and it seems kind of hard. Like for example, I'm reading Becoming Raw right now and for one of the days for breakfast it says you can eat 2 cups raspberries, 3 fresh or dried figs, and 4 cups of romaine lettuce. Does this seem hard to anyone? Like I don't know if I could eat that much for breakfast. It might just be me though. It also might be easier if most of this was blended together in a smoothie.

What are some typical raw breakfasts, lunches, or dinners for you folks? My diet has been getting more and more raw as of recently. Last night I made a pasta with a alfredo-like sauce that was 99% raw (The only non-raw thing was that the onions and mushrooms marinated in tamari instead of nama shoyu). And for dessert had a 5 minute rawberry shortcake.

Thanks guys

See less See more
#2 ·
Ok so I looked more at the What Did You Eat Raw today thread and it really is what I was looking for. I guess I didn't need to make this thread, I'm sorry.

Do you guys keep track of how many calories you are eating? When I went raw for three months last year, I did a really bad job at it. Like there were a couple days a week I'd be at school from like 9-6pm and All I would bring to eat would be a small bag of nuts or something. My diet raw diet was bad at the time and I didn't eat a lot and I lost some weight. I didn't do it correctly and quit being raw. Since then I've read A LOT more books, articles...etc and have more knowledge about it and am ready to try it again.

#4 ·
I track calories because I don't have a lot of time to snack during the day so the more raw foods I eat, the less calories I tend to eat - and sometimes it gets far too low, like less than 1000 in a day. Not good!

A great raw breakfast is smoothies, for sure. You could blend that lettuce, figs, and berries up with a little water. I have a smoothie for breakfast every weekday, and the base is a banana, some spinach (1-2 cups), some flaxmeal, and water, and then whatever else - whatever fruit I have (frozen berries, kiwi, apple...), maybe some hemp or chia seeds, sometimes a little raw cacao powder, and sometimes a little almond butter or (not raw) peanut butter to have a choco-peanut butter shake.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.