VeggieBoards banner

What Did You Eat Raw Today?

38K views 415 replies 112 participants last post by  Purp 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm new to being a Raw Vegan (day 9) and I was just curious as to what others have eaten today. I'd love to hear it as I am always looking for new raw dishes to try!

Here I go:

Breakfast: Coconut LaraBar with 2 tbs. Almond Butter

Lunch: Ginger Almond Nori Rolls:

Dinner: Mediterranean Kale:

Dessert: Papaya and Banana Pudding (Alissa Cohen's recipe book)

Anyone else?

See less See more
2 1
#3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treehugger267 View Post

Your lunch and dinner sound interesting...are these recipes you made?
Hello there,

I found the last two for lunch and dinner on Youtube which can be found here:

Ginger Almond Nori Rolls:

Mediterranean Kale:

Opps maybe I should have posted that right of the bat. Sorry, I don't know where my head is sometimes.
I'll edit the initial post with these links.

PSSST: I sent you a pm about the recipes.

#5 ·
Started the day yesterday with fruit sald: 1 apple, 1 orange, 1 banana and 1/4-cup strawberries

Mid morning was green smoothie 2 frozen bananas, 1 mango and 2 cups spinach and 1 cup kale

Lunch : small salad with lemon

Dinner: Fresh falafels using cabbage as a wrap with a sun-dried tomatoe mix and zucchini hummus

#6 ·
So far today (i got up late, so it isn't much today yet)

Brunch: a green smoothie made with 2 cups spinach, 1/2 banana and 4 strawberries and 1tb ground flax seed. And half of a pineapple.

ETA: Just had a late lunch plate, it consisted of 1 apple sliced, 1 cup of blueberries, 1/4 of a large red pepper sliced, and 3tb of raw pumpkin seeds. I'll have the rest of the red pepper with dinner later.

#7 ·
Almeria your green smoothie sounds wonderful. I just may try it! I have green smoothies every morning and look forward to them every morning.

Today I had:

Breakfast: Green Smoothie (Romaine Lettuce, Strawberries and banana)

Lunch: Refried Beans for Mexican Burrito Wraps (half of it) - recipe found here

Dinner: The other half (this sure was big, tasty and hearty)

Dessert: Blueberry Pie

#11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by monimeka View Post

Those Lara Bars are so freakin' good. i have like 3 of them in my bedroom. LOL.
Yes they are delicious. I love the Coconut one, yummy...my favorite:

Breakfast: Fruit Smoothie (mangoes, bananas and orange juice)

Lunch: Burritos (again)

Dinner: Homemade blackberry sorbet

A rather lazy day today, but tomorrow WAY more veggies!

#14 ·
Breakfast: 2 PURE bars (in between classes)

Lunch: A salad with veggies from the garden

Dinner: Peanut Butter Cacao smoothie, a few pickles and some raisins.

I have some almond pulp dehydrating from leftover raw almond milk for some future cookies as well as flax seeds soaking for some crackers!

#16 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaches View Post

Hi everyone,

I'm new to being a Raw Vegan (day 9) and I was just curious as to what others have eaten today. I'd love to hear it as I am always looking for new raw dishes to try!

Here I go:

Breakfast: Coconut LaraBar with 2 tbs. Almond Butter

Lunch: Ginger Almond Nori Rolls:

Dinner: Mediterranean Kale:

Dessert: Papaya and Banana Pudding (Alissa Cohen's recipe book)

Anyone else?
I like the dessert! I did a google search to get the recipe, I will be trying this soon.

#17 ·
Right now I'm between about 60-70% raw...but today I had~

Breakfast~Fruit Smoothie consisting of strawberries, mangoes, coconut water, some raw honey, a tsp. of raw Maca powder, raspberries and blueberries.

Mid-afternoon snack~2 Bananas and a handful of raisins

(Honestly I was suprised that my smoothie held me over till dinnertime)

Dinner~About* 1.5 cups of homemade guac. with romane leaves & red peppers used as "dippers"

#25 ·
I had a kiwi with my "lunch" which was a decidedly very much not raw onion roll. I have been apartment cleaning all day so I decided to pass on cooking today and keep dinner basic. I had some baby carrots and broccoli florets.

Now, for my evening snack, I am having a strawberry banana kiwi smoothie with ground flax seed. This baby is so giant I almost needed to use my roommate's huge beer stein, which is gathering dust up on a shelf, to contain it. For a second, I thought if there was any alcohol at all in the house, I could spike my smoothie to justify it, but nothing resembling a strawberry daiquiri, virgin or otherwise, really works in a beer stein. So, I found a big purple plastic cup and I'm using that. No sucking this baby through a straw though, I tell ya. It's THICK!

Eating raw is so hardcore...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.