Recipe Requests? - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-24-2013, 06:09 AM

Hello,

I am currently compiling a vegan recipe book at the moment for Kindle. I want to produce a series of filling and healthy meals suitable for the whole family. Is there any kind of recipe you're crying out for? What kind of meals or sides would you like? Healthy, comforting? Savoury, sweet? Any foods in particular? Want to make sure I cover everything to make it the best I can!

Sofia (aka The Inky Feather)

[link deleted]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-24-2013, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator

Hello Sofia! I'm so glad to see you want to join the boards! 

I just browsed your website and will definitly go back to read further. I grew up with lucid dreams, and I'd like to explore it further as I've grown away.

Yes, I do have a recipe request! Baked eggplant balls. Firm, what you'd use in spaghetti sauce.

I bought some frozen ones that weren't vegan some time ago and they were very very good. Not mushy or gummy, maybe with some grain like bulgar added. I think Dominoux brand

Every time I've bought eggplant since I'd thought of trying, but end up making a curry instead!

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#3 Old 09-26-2013, 08:13 AM

Hello Silva,

Thanks for getting back to me! I'm glad to hear that you found something interesting for you on my website, I was just speaking to a lady on another thread who has had out-of-body experiences since childhood. Both of these topics I discuss in my YouTube videos (search TheInkyFeather and you should find it). 

Lucid dreams certainly are fascinating, and like you I have had them for a long time. For me, lucid dreams preceded out-of-body experiences, and I believe the two are very much interlinked. I'd be happy to discuss further if you like, and if you want to talk to others as well I run a Facebook group called The Astral Wonderers, you'd be welcome to join :)

In regards to your recipe request, can you explain what you mean by eggplant balls? Are you talking stuffing them or doing something unusual?

Regards,

Sofia (aka The Inky Feather)

#4 Old 09-26-2013, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator

Like meatballs.

I'd like to cook the eggplant and mash it with a mushroom and onion puree, some bulgar wheat, and maybe some ground flax or a little wheat gluten to help hold it together. Make balls and bake.

Trouble is that I get around to doing it!

Here's a veg recipe that doesn't include eggs:

http://www.veggienumnum.com/2010/01/eggplant-balls/

Mine sounds better

#5 Old 09-27-2013, 09:26 AM

I will have a look into that. I think it could work. Will have a bash and see what happens!

Sofia

[link deleted]

#6 Old 10-19-2013, 09:02 AM

Hi there. I am looking for a recipe for pinto beans. I've looked all over the web, and all the recipes that I've seen include pork or beef of some kind. If anyone could help me out, I'd be grateful. I also can't eat mushroom since I'm allergic.

#7 Old 10-19-2013, 12:11 PM
Beanitarian

Victoria, I just cook them with non-alcoholic beer (I eat them for lunch at work), onion, a smidge of hot pepper du jour, salt and pepper.

When you cook dry beans, you have an opportunity to infuse flavor that IMO I cannot replicate using canned beans.

Beanitarian.
#8 Old 10-19-2013, 12:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronica Lynn View Post

Hi there. I am looking for a recipe for pinto beans. I've looked all over the web, and all the recipes that I've seen include pork or beef of some kind. If anyone could help me out, I'd be grateful. I also can't eat mushroom since I'm allergic.

You can use any recipe for beans and just leave out the animal products. They're only usedn for flavor, and you don't need to add fat.

You can use switch up beans in any recipe.
The only thing I'd suggest in cooking beans is leave the salt and any acid food like tomatoes out until they're cooked. I've only heard they keep them from getting tender, never tried.

A bit of baking soda in the soak water helps with cooking if they're older beans.

#9 Old 10-19-2013, 03:57 PM

Totally awesome! Ty! I thought that I'd have to have a whole new recipe.

#10 Old 10-21-2013, 08:40 PM

I just use whatever spices I'm in the mood for that day.

My fav's are things like garlic, onion, ancho, etc. powders. Seriously don't add tomatoes till after beans are done.

I have a pressure cooker and usually do a 2lb package at a time so can freeze some for later.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page