Recipe/Cookbook Recommendations - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Krazy4Kale

#1 Old 02-09-2012, 03:25 AM

Hello.

Lately I've been getting tired of what I've usually been eating and would admire some recommendations for new recipes and/or cookbooks. If this thread, or any thread similar to this, have already been started (I'm new to this site so I'm not an expert on its activity), feel free to just give me a link to those threads. Also, please don't recommend any of that MorningStar tripe or anything like that. That crap makes me sick. That's all I request.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-09-2012, 06:50 AM

I really like Vegan on the Cheap and The Vegan Slow Cooker. I have bought several in the past couple of months and those two are the ones I use the most.
#3 Old 02-12-2012, 03:24 PM
Veggie Regular

My favourite new cookbook is Isa Chandra's Appetite for Reduction! It is amazing!

If you want new recipes then check out this blog: http://gormandizewithus.blogspot.com.au/ There is about 80 or so fantastic Vegan recipes!

#4 Old 02-13-2012, 01:27 PM

The Whole Plants Cook Book is a great book released by the daughter of T. Colin Campbell, the author of the China Study. The recipes are great and easy to prepare! Here's the book's website - http://wholeplantscookbook.com/ . . .
#5 Old 02-13-2012, 02:46 PM
Super Moderator

I love checking out Amazons books by looking at their "Look Inside" option. I've gotten good recipes from books I wasn't ready to buy, as well as enough info to get me to purchase.
You should request books from your library if possible, many that I've requested have stayed at mine.
Also check:
vegweb.com, ppk.com, chefchloe.com as well as just searching for "whatever"vegan.
I do love Appetite for Reduction, but am more of Robin Robinson fan-1000 Vegan Recipes is full of great ideas.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#6 Old 05-19-2013, 02:00 AM

I checked several books out of the library before buying so I wouldn't be disappointed. The Kind Diet was good, but not kid-friendly(for my family). I was hesitant to to try The Everything Vegan Cookbook because I like books with pictures, but I ended up loving it and buying it. I've literally made over 40 recipes so far and there are only 6 I would not make again (and again!)! My omnivore husband and 3 and 5 year olds love it!
#7 Old 05-19-2013, 03:42 PM

I think Isa Chandra Moskowitz probably has the best cookbooks.Everything is just so good.I would recommend any of her books.She's amazing!!I just recently tried Short-Cut Vegan by Lorna Sass.I tried about 4 recipes and they were all pretty good.It's a vegan cookbook that helps you prepare meals faster.I have not tried all the recipes but the meals did seem to go quicker than usual for me.So if your ever short on time and you still want to make something healthy this might be a good option.

#8 Old 10-21-2013, 09:07 PM

Cannot check out the ones from the library I would like to try before buy.

I'm interested in Isa Chandra Moskowitz 'Vegan with a Vengeance'  but seems a lot of baking which I don't do (as yet). But also have my eye on 'Appetite for Reduction'.

I bought 'The Big Book of Pressure Cooker Recipes' because a pressure cooker site I belong to said it had a several vegan and vegetarian options from some of the better authors but have not got to delve deep into it yet. Those on that site are enamored of Lorna Sass.

I was wondering if I could condense down my limited book space and maybe just go for the '1000 Vegan Recipes is full of great ideas'.

#9 Old 12-23-2014, 09:00 AM

My favorite food blog is http://ohsheglows.com/ by Angela Liddon. She also has a cookbook, The Oh She Glows Cookbook. I have fallen in love with all of her recipes that I have tried! I also adore how she provides great info about living a vegan lifestyle.

I don't know what level of cooking you are looking for, but the cookbook may be a little more upscale than some. Just take a look at her blog first, where you'll find a ton of recipes.
LedBoots and Kristy Collicutt like this.
#10 Old 12-23-2014, 04:20 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

I love http://chefchloe.com/

And this is fun: http://theveganstoner.blogspot.com/?m=1

And lots of Isa's recipes are on www.theppk.com/
#11 Old 02-12-2015, 07:15 AM

I love 'Oh she glows' cookbook by Angela Liddon. She also has a blog by the same name if you google it, a lot of her recipes are there as well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page