• 1 Post By Emma JC
  • 2 Post By David3
  • 1 Post By silva
  • 1 Post By silva
  • 1 Post By Emma JC

#1 Old 07-11-2017, 07:01 AM
Emma JC

Stephen Colbert vegan for 17 days?

I just watched last night's episode of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert in which he interviewed Woody Harrelson, who is a vegan. He revealed that he has lost a bet with a friend and has to be vegan for 17 days starting this morning. It is not clear if he truly understands what a vegan is.... it will be interesting to watch as he could be a very big voice for the animals, the planet and health.

He starts to discuss at the 4:11 mark.

Emma JC
Werewolf Girl likes this.

-----
Whole Food Plant-Based
for the animals, for the environment and for health (plus it's delicious)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Find a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Emma JC; 07-11-2017 at 07:53 AM. Reason: error
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-11-2017, 11:39 AM
Vegan since 1991

We'll have to see what emerges here. In the past, Stephen Colbert has ridiculed vegetarianism / veganism.

_________

“Under the twinkling trees was a table covered with Guatemalan fabric, roses in juice jars, wax rose candles from Tijuana and plates of food — Weetzie's Vegetable Love-Rice, My Secret Agent Lover Man's guacamole, Dirk's homemade pizza, Duck's fig and berry salad and Surfer Surprise Protein Punch, Brandy-Lynn's pink macaroni, Coyote's cornmeal cakes, Ping's mushu plum crepes and Valentine's Jamaican plantain pie."

from Witch Baby, Francesca Lia Block, 1991
#3 Old 07-11-2017, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator

Colbert is a very good comedian. I kinda adore him....
Bet the friend was Jon Stewart? Hmmmmm? I do! I love Jon more!
amduc1 likes this.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

#4 Old 07-11-2017, 01:27 PM
Emma JC

That would be cool, I also love Jon and I didn't know he was vegan so now I love him more.

Emma JC
ps is anyone else having connection issues here today or is it just me?

-----
Whole Food Plant-Based

Find a

#5 Old 07-11-2017, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

https://www.farmsanctuary.org/media/...in-new-jersey/

Tracey his wife has a book published called Do Unto Animals. I'm glad to be reminded as I've been meaning to read that!
Emma JC likes this.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#6 Old 07-11-2017, 02:08 PM
Emma JC

Thanks for the info - I have now ordered it from my local library.

Emma JC

-----
Whole Food Plant-Based

Find a

#7 Old 07-14-2017, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator

Huh, I'm curious to see how this turns out... Considering Jon Stewart's wife is vegan (and I think he's vegetarian?) and they have an animal sanctuary I'm wondering if that was an influence as well.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#8 Old 07-14-2017, 02:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Maybe he's already pretty much decided to give it a try but wants to publicly ease into it in stages, so he's not committing to something he might slip away from. These guys are constantly being observed and videotaped eating in public, so better not to over-commit from the outset. And me too, I was wondering if the friend he lost the bet to is Jon Stewart or Stewart's wife.
#9 Old 07-14-2017, 03:06 PM
Emma JC

And I just found this.... and I love the avocado comment at the bottom of the article

http://vegnews.com/articles/page.do?pageId=9774&catId=1

Stephen Colbert Adopts Vegan Diet

By Anna Starostinetskaya | July 14, 2017

The funnyman has ditched animal products and vegan brands Herbivorous Butcher and NadaMoo have sent him plant-based meats, cheeses, and ice cream in support.
This week during a segment featuring long-time vegan actor Woody Harrelson, comedian Stephen Colbert announced on his show The Late Show with Stephen Colbert that he has adopted a vegan diet. Colbert told Harrelson that he had lost a bet and would now follow a vegan diet for 17 days before asking the vegan actor, “how do I get my protein?” Harrelson responded that people don’t need as much protein as they think. Colbert said he would consume Pop Tarts—which Harrelson explained contained dairy, making them not vegan. After the public exchange, several vegan companies took action to support the comedian on his vegan journey in hopes of inspiring him to make a long-term commitment to cruelty-free living. Vegan company The Herbivorous Butcher tells VegNews that it delivered a package with Korean ribs, ribeye steak, burgers, Garlic Pepper Havarti, smoked gouda, and pepper jack cheese to Colbert last Thursday. In addition, vegan ice cream company NadaMoo sent the host an assortment of non-dairy ice cream the same day. Fellow comedian Jon Stewart—who is a self-proclaimed fan of Herbivorous Butcher and rumored to be vegan—and his vegan wife/author Tracey are currently in the process of transforming their 12-acre Middletown, NJ, home into the fourth location of animal-rescue organization Farm Sanctuary.

Emma JC
Werewolf Girl likes this.

-----
Whole Food Plant-Based

Find a

#10 Old 08-09-2017, 11:17 AM
Emma JC

Quick follow up - it seems that Stephen may still be continuing to eat vegan as he had a guest on his show last night from "Hot Ones" and normally they eat chicken wings however Stephen ate vegan nuggests....

Emma JC

-----
Whole Food Plant-Based

Find a

Tags
stephen colbert , Vegan , woody harrelson

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page