50 Upcoming Remakes - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-04-2012, 07:20 PM
Beginner

http://www.nextmovie.com/blog/upcoming-movie-remakes/

Why can't they leave movies alone. Come up with something original instead of recycling the classics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-04-2012, 07:23 PM
Beginner

By remake, do they mean completely redoing it, or are they just making them 3D and HD?
#3 Old 04-04-2012, 07:29 PM
Beginner

Looking at that list, it's like someone is actively trying to destroy my childhood...
#4 Old 04-04-2012, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator

Why Oldboy? Why? And The Neverending Story? A lot of these made me cringe.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#5 Old 04-04-2012, 07:37 PM
Boo!

I'm waiting for the Muppet version of Bridge On The River Kwai.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
#6 Old 04-04-2012, 07:56 PM
Beginner

I really hate these losers that steal ideas from someone else and redo them, it's quite pathetic, i don't think the people involved should even be allowed the titles they are given, director, producer, writer etc.
#7 Old 04-04-2012, 07:59 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

Why Oldboy? Why? And The Neverending Story? A lot of these made me cringe.

I'm afraid of what they'll do to the soundtrack for The Neverending Story.

"[-]But caging them, killing them, eating them was unthinkable. We were creatures of the same world."
-Animorphs, #18

#8 Old 04-04-2012, 09:12 PM
Arrrg! Me mateys.

Quote:
(which was based on a musical, which was based on a comic strip, which was based on ur mom)

?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Quote:
Carrie

No.
Quote:
Pet Sematary

No.
Quote:
The NeverEnding Story

Ugh, I hate that movie to begin with!
Quote:
American Psycho

Absolutely not, this is where I draw the line. That movie is perfect as is! We do not need a remake!
Quote:
Creature From the Black Lagoon

I can see this being pretty good or absolutely terrible, and I'm betting on terrible. It works as a 50s movie, but I'm not sure it'll do well as a remake.

korrakorrakorrakorrakorra
#9 Old 04-04-2012, 10:24 PM
Beginner

Most of those were crap to begin with and will probably keep being crap later. Red Dawn sounds like it could be interesting in theory, but I doubt it will. I'd like to see a realistic film like that though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlixJ18 View Post

I really hate these losers that steal ideas from someone else and redo them, it's quite pathetic, i don't think the people involved should even be allowed the titles they are given, director, producer, writer etc.

You do realize a lot of these films basically did the same thing the first time around right? Look at how many were books or comics...

Jesus saved me, but the file was corrupted.
#10 Old 04-05-2012, 04:27 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Master View Post

?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

No.

No.

Ugh, I hate that movie to begin with!

Absolutely not, this is where I draw the line. That movie is perfect as is! We do not need a remake!

I can see this being pretty good or absolutely terrible, and I'm betting on terrible. It works as a 50s movie, but I'm not sure it'll do well as a remake.

I agree to everything you said. I really, really hope a remake of The Crow never sees the light of day. Most of the sequels were horrible enough. The only good thing about the second one was the soundtrack and the small scene with The Deftones.

I'm also pissed about the Orphanage. One of my first thoughts right after watching the Orphanage was "Americans better not **** with this movie and try to remake it!".
#11 Old 04-05-2012, 06:42 AM
Beginner

I'm not even sure why someone would want to remake The Crow. The first one was already based on a comic... surely it would make more sense to just base another film with a different story on that comic, and distance it from all the earlier ones entirely. I mean look at Batman - hell knows how many of those there are by now, but the recent ones are getting a lot of attention. Then again, not all films make a lot of money. Maybe poorly thought out ideas is why.

Starship Troopers could go either way. The '97 film was so loosely based on the novel that a "remake" could end up being like the version of The Thing they made in the 80's that was actually closer to the original story than the earlier film from the 50's. On the other hand, it could do all the same things that the '97 film did, only it wouldn't really be funny anymore.

#12 Old 04-05-2012, 06:56 AM
Beginner

The Warriors lol, that could actually be an entertaining remake. And Westworld... At first I was like no way, but actually that is one of the few classics that might benefit from a high budget and some CGI.

"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine." Bruce Lee.

"On a large enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero." Chuck Palahniuk (Fight Club)

#13 Old 04-05-2012, 06:58 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savvington View Post

I'm not even sure why someone would want to remake The Crow. The first one was already based on a comic... surely it would make more sense to just base another film with a different story on that comic, and distance it from all the earlier ones entirely. I mean look at Batman - hell knows how many of those there are by now, but the recent ones are getting a lot of attention. Then again, not all films make a lot of money. Maybe poorly thought out ideas is why.

Starship Troopers could go either way. The '97 film was so loosely based on the novel that a "remake" could end up being like the version of The Thing they made in the 80's that was actually closer to the original story than the earlier film from the 50's. On the other hand, it could do all the same things that the '97 film did, only it wouldn't really be funny anymore.

The '97 Starship Troopers is one of my favorites whether it followed the comic or not. I just loved the "political humor" style in which it was done, very unique. Like a totalitarian Beverly Hills 90210 in space with giant bugs.

"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine." Bruce Lee.

"On a large enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero." Chuck Palahniuk (Fight Club)

#14 Old 04-05-2012, 07:44 AM
Beginner

Starship Troopers wasn't a comic btw. At least not originally.

I did like the film though, it's just not the same thing as the book at all. I'm confused why they even made that connection to be honest, it seems like it would have attracted an audience who wanted to see something else entirely, sort of like The Village did.

#15 Old 04-05-2012, 07:57 AM
Beginner

Some of these could stand to be remade. Others, I think, should be left alone.
#16 Old 04-05-2012, 01:21 PM
Beginner

"Drop Dead Fred"??? Why bother? As far as I know, I'm the only person in America who actually remembers the original. And with Russell Brand, no less, which has to be the worst casting decision I've ever heard in my life.

--Fromper
#17 Old 04-05-2012, 01:25 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savvington View Post

Most of those were crap to begin with and will probably keep being crap later. Red Dawn sounds like it could be interesting in theory, but I doubt it will. I'd like to see a realistic film like that though.

You do realize a lot of these films basically did the same thing the first time around right? Look at how many were books or comics...

There's a difference between turning books into media and taking something already made into media and remaking it, you turn books into movies to reach a different kind of audience. I wonder what the laws are on this kind of stuff, and how much say the writers and everything get on if it's remade or not.
#18 Old 04-05-2012, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

"Drop Dead Fred"??? Why bother? As far as I know, I'm the only person in America who actually remembers the original. And with Russell Brand, no less, which has to be the worst casting decision I've ever heard in my life.

--Fromper

There is at least one person in Canada who remembers and loves that movie, I do NOT want to see it remade with Russell Brand

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#19 Old 04-05-2012, 03:02 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad888 View Post

Westworld... At first I was like no way, but actually that is one of the few classics that might benefit from a high budget and some CGI.

I'd agree with that! The first one was classic but an update would be nice... as well as Soylent Green... one of my other 70's favorites. Also, Starship Troopers needs to be remade if only to erase from our minds the horribleness of the preceding flick.
#20 Old 04-05-2012, 04:03 PM
Beginner

Quote:

--Fromper

I do, I do!
#21 Old 04-05-2012, 04:39 PM
Beginner

And Evil Dead... That makes me sad, but I'd still go see it with enthusiasm. But Bruce better at least have a cameo, and they better keep their hands off Army of Darkness.

#22 Old 04-05-2012, 05:01 PM
Beginner

Quote:

--Fromper

I saw it!! Multiple times actually. I honestly think Russell Brand is the perfect for the role. He's so obnoxious, immature and annoying that the part just fits him so well.

Quote:

And Evil Dead... That makes me sad, but I'd still go see it with enthusiasm. But Bruce better at least have a cameo, and they better keep their hands off Army of Darkness.

Same here. I wonder what Bruce thinks of the whole thing.
#23 Old 04-05-2012, 05:06 PM
Beginner

#24 Old 04-05-2012, 06:05 PM
Beginner

Five words: (An) Ameircan Werewolf in London.

I hate these people. I hate them so much.

Enjoying the view over at http://forum.veggieviews.com/

#25 Old 04-05-2012, 06:28 PM
Banned

I'm fine with all of this as long as the keep their hands off of "Cool Hand Luke"
#26 Old 04-05-2012, 06:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegkid View Post

Five words: Ameircan Werewolf in London.

I hate these people. I hate them so much.

What's the fifth word?
#27 Old 04-05-2012, 06:50 PM
Beginner

It's a silent word.

That movie was actually pretty terrible from what I remember. I mean it wasn't on the level of Monster Dog and iirc the transformation looked better than The Howling but it was mainly watchable because it was funny. I still prefer Wolfen as far as that era goes.

#28 Old 04-05-2012, 06:50 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhanger View Post

What's the fifth word?

Americans are so awesome we count as two words

And you know, I could actually see them trying to mess with Cool Hand Luke.

What I really want is another Gremlins. Not a remake, but a sequel... a good, adequately budgeted sequel.

#29 Old 04-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Beginner

Quote:

What I really want is another Gremlins. Not a remake, but a sequel... a good, adequately budgeted sequel.

Oops. I meant to say "An American Werewolf in London", or at least that's how I said it in my head before I posted the comment.

Enjoying the view over at http://forum.veggieviews.com/

#30 Old 04-05-2012, 07:22 PM
Beginner

Quote:

I liked the original sequel. There was a lot more humor in it compared to the first one.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page