Whitney Houston is Dead at 48 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-12-2012, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Whitney Houston is dead at 48 years old.

The superstar singer and actress's publicist, Kristin Foster, broke the news of Houston's passing to the AP. She was found and pronounced dead at the Beverly Hills Hilton on Saturday afternoon; thus far, no cause of death has been revealed. In recent years, she struggled with drug abuse.

Her self-titled debut album, released in 1985, sold 25 million copies worldwide. In total, she released seven albums and three film soundtracks; a winner of six Grammys, Houston sold over 200 million albums and singles worldwide. She earned 30 Billboard Awards, 22 American Music Awards and two Emmy Awards.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...6pLid%3D134919

I wasn't going to start a new thread on this, but I was reading the news reports about her death, and apparently Tony Bennett said "let's legalize drugs".

*this space not for sale*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-12-2012, 05:11 AM

I saw this on Sky news a few hours ago. Apparently there are reports saying it is a bathtub death.
#3 Old 02-12-2012, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyvas View Post

I saw this on Sky news a few hours ago. Apparently there are reports saying it is a bathtub death.

What exactly is a bathroom death? Suicide? Slipping in the bathtub?

I wasn't a fan at all but it's still sad that she was so addicted to drugs and now her kids have lost their mother. Although they probably lost her a long time ago.
#4 Old 02-12-2012, 06:15 AM

It is when you drown in the bath tub.
It is more often due to taking some kind of substance which makes you drowsy. I don't think that you could actually commit suicide by drowining in a bath tub.
#5 Old 02-12-2012, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyvas View Post

It is when you drown in the bath tub.
It is more often due to taking some kind of substance which makes you drowsy. I don't think that you could actually commit suicide by drowining in a bath tub.

Ahh gotcha. I meant bathtub suicide by cutting your wrists while in the tub.
#6 Old 02-12-2012, 06:54 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

It was the eve of the Grammys, which makes it even sadder.
#7 Old 02-12-2012, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

Ahh gotcha. I meant bathtub suicide by cutting your wrists while in the tub.

I see ! I didn't understand it in that way.
#8 Old 02-12-2012, 07:10 AM

That's so sad I loved her music and her children are now left without a mother. Just one thing how exactly did she die people keep saying different things.
#9 Old 02-12-2012, 07:13 AM

She has one daughter called Bobi.
There is going to be an autopsy so there has still not been an official statement giving the cause. There has been a lot of speculation concerning the cause of death.
#10 Old 02-12-2012, 09:25 AM

Sad. She was a very talented artist.
#11 Old 02-12-2012, 09:34 AM

So sad.
Though there has been no announcement of cause of death, I have a sinking feeling it is drug related. Too many young lives lost to this epidemic. RIP Whitney, hope you find peace.

"Women & cats will do as they please, & men & dogs should relax & get used to the idea." Robert Heinlein
#12 Old 02-12-2012, 11:05 AM

So sad. People are being real d!cks about it too. MJ all over again...

Enjoying the view over at http://forum.veggieviews.com/

#13 Old 02-12-2012, 01:15 PM

I doubt it had anything to do with drugs but, we better not speculate its already sad, however I did read the bathtub thing also, so what I think is that she probley took way too much drugs and decided to take a bath and she was alone and something went wrong or she feel asleep and drowned herself because she was warn out, there are clips of her singing at a club Jesus Loves me and you barely able to notice her voice.
#14 Old 02-12-2012, 01:45 PM

lol. You seem a bit indecisive on this issue peacefulveglady.
#15 Old 02-12-2012, 02:00 PM

Death isn't that uncommon when you give up your music career to concentrate on cocaine for twenty years.

"you know, nowhere in the bible does it say that jesus was not a raptor"

www.animal-adoptions.org

#16 Old 02-12-2012, 02:08 PM

She's with her career now.
#17 Old 02-12-2012, 03:37 PM
Arrrg! Me mateys.

Apparently her daughter was rushed to the hospital: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-207_162-...d-to-hosptial/

korrakorrakorrakorrakorra
#18 Old 02-12-2012, 04:21 PM

She made decent music, but she did it to herself with her drug use. People get too worked up about things like this. Thousands of people died that day. Many of them were probably totally amazing people, and many didn't engage in self destructive habits. I care no more for her passing than any of the other deaths that occurred that day. The only difference is that I know her name and face. Yeah, it's sad. But in the end, everybody dies, especially when they poison themselves.

Disclaimer: I'm insane.
#19 Old 02-12-2012, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacefulveglady View Post

I doubt it had anything to do with drugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacefulveglady View Post

so what I think is that she probley took way too much drugs

So you think it was because of drugs or not?
#20 Old 02-12-2012, 05:08 PM
Beanitarian

I feel sorry for the daughter. Her parents really had it all at one point, and then not only lost a lot but humiliated themselves on national television--the details of their dirty laundry for all to see. I remember one clip of their reality show with the drugs and squalor, and I felt the producer was taking advantage of their vulnerable state.

Their behavior was out of control--I feel sad for the kids (aren't there several?).

I see this stuff everyday at my job, very sad that people make bad choices and then suffer terrible consequences.

Beanitarian.
#21 Old 02-13-2012, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorjor View Post

So you think it was because of drugs or not?

I changed my mind yes I read some place it was drug and alcholic combo and she took a bath in that mix and fell asleep and thats how she died. I also read that her daughter the night before took a bath felt relaxed , fell asleep and almost drowned but her friends came to get her on time.
Her daughter is released from the hospital but, they are probley going to rush her to a mental hospital.
#22 Old 02-13-2012, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagineaa View Post

I feel sorry for the daughter. Her parents really had it all at one point, and then not only lost a lot but humiliated themselves on national television--the details of their dirty laundry for all to see. I remember one clip of their reality show with the drugs and squalor, and I felt the producer was taking advantage of their vulnerable state.

Their behavior was out of control--I feel sad for the kids (aren't there several?).

I see this stuff everyday at my job, very sad that people make bad choices and then suffer terrible consequences.

She just had one child.

I hope I die after having fallen asleep in my tub, but I also hope I'm a lot older than 48.
#23 Old 02-13-2012, 09:02 AM
Banned

The "drugs" she was taking were xanax to calm her anxiety about performing, and most likely combined with alcohol. She didn't follow the script for xanax, which states clearly do not take with alcohol.

Sure she had cocaine problems and probably a few others we don't know about, but let's be clear on this, that she died from taking xanax improperly. which is a prescription drug that she was given by her doctors.
#24 Old 02-13-2012, 09:31 AM

A sad loss to the music industry.
#25 Old 02-13-2012, 12:22 PM

I'm sorry to hear of her death as I loved her music and have several albums of hers from the 80's. But as other posters have said, thousands of people die every day who never receive this level of recognition, weren't afforded the same opportunities in life, and didn't spend their last decades on drugs. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing but sympathy for addicts as I am one myself, but I do sometimes feel bad for all of the folks who die in quiet while celebrities make front page news.
#26 Old 02-13-2012, 10:33 PM

I was/am such a bigg fan....loved her music and the movie the bodyguard....personally it doesnt matter to me if she died from her addiction issues, natural causes or some other reason...she is still dead....and will be missed....I feel for her family and esp her daughter Bobbi Kristina and son Nick the boy she took in and raised but never adopted....we all have problems and flaws and highs and lows.....she was/is a human being and deserves respect and her family deserves respect and privacy at this horrible time....I hope that she finds the peace in death that she never found in life....and its wonderful that we all have her wonderful music to enjoy forever.

Peace & Love

LOud & PRoud Veggie-Tari-Jenn~~(KNOT)~~ Vegan and NEVER Will Be.
Be Cents-able...Use Coupons!!~~PEace, LOVe & Beautiful COLORFUL RAinbows!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page