What's the last thing you watched? - Page 61 - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 
 80Likes

#1801 Old 04-30-2016, 03:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Watched the last 8 episodes of The Big Bang Theory Season 8 because I had feeling I hadn't finished watching it. Turns out I had, but for some reason it seemed funnier second time around watching it.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1802 Old 05-03-2016, 06:49 AM
Veggie Regular

We're enjoying catching up with Fear the Walking Dead. *Spoilers ahead* I read so many bad reviews that we almost didn't bother with it, but having watched it now, it's not a lot different in style and content to what spawned it. Where the Walking Dead is a human drama set in a post-apocalyptic setting, Fear the Walking Dead is a human drama set during the unfolding of an apocalyptic context. The characters have yet to get to grips with the severity of the situation they are facing, and are confused and careless, especially with other people - leading to the destruction of one island's formerly successful survivalist family's life and the invasion and take over by another group, of their boat.

We've also been enjoying Gotham, especially The Penguin's family story.

Also watching Damien, enjoying it for its cheesy retro horror styling. Great fun and it makes me laugh, definitley not to be taken too seriously.

Have recently started catching up with Boss, Kelsey Grammar (sp?) as a crooked mayor, losing his hold on his mind (degenerative condition) and power. A bit slow to start, kind of reminds me of Treme in the slow sprawl of the story, but has potential.

Penny Dreadful has just begun again, great gothic fantasy drama with compelling leads and beautiful production.
#1803 Old 05-03-2016, 08:04 AM

I am a huge fan of the Sci-Fi series Orphan Black and have been following it faithfully since it premiered. The lead actress is short of phenomenal, in fact all of the actors are of the highest calibre. Love it!

http://orphanblack.space.ca

#1804 Old 05-03-2016, 08:59 AM
Veggie Regular

We watched the first season of Billionaire on Showtime. It was very good. I watched two seasons of Shameless but it is getting a little over the top. I look forward to the second season of Call Saul. I was huge fan of Breaking Bad.
#1805 Old 07-13-2016, 03:50 AM
Veggie Regular

Location: Melbourne, Australia. A haven of a country! But my heart is where my earliest years were spent in California and Canada as well...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfvc.org View Post
I watched Where to Invade Next. For the most part it was pretty good, but the last 10 minutes or so got kind of boring.
Ah, I JUST watched this and thought it was great .
It ended and I felt happy and like all kinds of things were possible, but also restless (to change the world or move to other parts of it if that fails. ha)... which is better than hopeless, y'know?
#1806 Old 11-30-2016, 04:56 PM
Tom
Veggie Regular

I saw "Doctor Strange" in the theater last night. It was the first movie I'd seen in a theater since watching "The Martian" quite some time ago; Chiewetel Ejiofor (sp?) was in both movies but he sure looked different in this one.

I liked it. It had lots of fun special effects (and quite a bit of humor too, which I'd generally expect from a Marvel Comics based film). Considering there was a villain who was trying to take over (or maybe destroy) the world (that's so old... can't those jerks find something else to do?), there wasn't as much violence as in many other sci-fi or fantasy films.

Some have criticized the casting, which replaced some Asian characters in the comic books with non-Asian actors, although I thought Benedict Cumberbatch did a good job as the brilliant but initially-arrogant Dr Strange.
Werewolf Girl likes this.

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.
#1807 Old 11-30-2016, 05:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I saw "Doctor Strange" in the theater last night. It was the first movie I'd seen in a theater since watching "The Martian" quite some time ago; Chiewetel Ejiofor (sp?) was in both movies but he sure looked different in this one.

I liked it. It had lots of fun special effects (and quite a bit of humor too, which I'd generally expect from a Marvel Comics based film). Considering there was a villain who was trying to take over (or maybe destroy) the world (that's so old... can't those jerks find something else to do?), there wasn't as much violence as in many other sci-fi or fantasy films.

Some have criticized the casting, which replaced some Asian characters in the comic books with non-Asian actors, although I thought Benedict Cumberbatch did a good job as the brilliant but initially-arrogant Dr Strange.
I saw that too, at the nicest theatre ever! It takes a really big movie to get me to a theatre, but I got two for one after giving blood! This one had new reclining seats, and I guess the movie had been out a while because there weren't many people.
I did enjoy it. I'll see if there are any blood drives with that same perk! I want to see the Fabulous Beast movie!

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#1808 Old 11-30-2016, 10:58 PM
Super Moderator

I've been obsessed with Star Trek: Voyager on Netflix lately. I love Janeway!

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#1809 Old 12-01-2016, 02:38 AM
Impeach the psychopath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post
I've been obsessed with Star Trek: Voyager on Netflix lately. I love Janeway!
They're showing the whole series on H&I, 6 nights a week. This is my first time getting to see much of it. I like it far better than DS9.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"The fact is, none of us truly win, until we all win."
#1810 Old 12-03-2016, 11:04 AM
Tom
Veggie Regular

I liked "Voyager", and also Kate Mulgrew as Janeway. The whole cast is good, and I think the theme music is my favorite of all the Star Trek series.
Capstan, Werewolf Girl and BlueMts like this.

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.
#1811 Old 12-03-2016, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator

I just recently watched the "Tuvix" episode of Voyager... I was expecting it to be a lighthearted romp and it turned out to be emotionally devastating.
Tom and Capstan like this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#1812 Old 12-03-2016, 04:05 PM
Impeach the psychopath

Quote:
,,,, I think the theme music is my favorite of all the Star Trek series.
Jerry Goldsmith, one of my favorite composers.

Quote:
I just recently watched the "Tuvix" episode of Voyager... I was expecting it to be a lighthearted romp and it turned out to be emotionally devastating.
I started watching well over half-way into the series- Season 5. Just saw an episode, "Oblivion," that was pretty devastating. Voyager has a good crew. Thankfully, no Ferengi.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"The fact is, none of us truly win, until we all win."
#1813 Old 12-04-2016, 01:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post
Jerry Goldsmith, one of my favorite composers.

I started watching well over half-way into the series- Season 5. Just saw an episode, "Oblivion," that was pretty devastating. Voyager has a good crew. Thankfully, no Ferengi.
Right? I just finished watching DS9 before Voyager and it may as well have been called The Quark Show.

#1814 Old 12-05-2016, 04:53 PM
Tom
Veggie Regular

Yep- the "Tuvix" episode was too down to suit me. I didn't like the one where
Spoiler
Ensign Kim from our universe died, but was replaced by his counterpart in another universe or timeline
either.

#1815 Old 12-05-2016, 10:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Yep- the "Tuvix" episode was too down to suit me. I didn't like the one where
Spoiler
Ensign Kim from our universe died, but was replaced by his counterpart in another universe or timeline
either.
I don't blame you, Voyager is really dark and often disturbing! I just happen to enjoy disturbing most of the time.

#1816 Old 12-05-2016, 10:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Food choices

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#1817 Old 01-21-2017, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

Reruns of The Office, I find it oddly soothing.

#1818 Old 01-21-2017, 07:09 PM
Vegan, Mostly WFPB

I finally signed up for Netflix and recently discovered the TV series, "Grace and Frankie". I haven't laughed this hard in a while. lol
#1819 Old 01-22-2017, 04:24 AM

Ok, I'm a TV LOVER!

Highly recommend

HOMELAND
SHOOTER
DESIGNATED SURVIVOR
TABOO - looks promising! Only seen 2 episodes
#1820 Old 01-22-2017, 04:25 AM

I'm a TV LOVER!

Highly recommend

HOMELAND
SHOOTER
DESIGNATED SURVIVOR
TABOO - looks promising! Only seen 2 episodes
#1821 Old 01-22-2017, 09:42 AM

The Neon Demon.

It was recommended to me as a well shot, aesthetic film with good reviews that was maybe a little try hard and 'shocking'.

It actually featured very poorly written characters, almost no plot (and several plot points that were featured and then never mentioned again). It felt like it was trying way too hard to be edgy and shocking whilst achieving neither. Some scenes were beautifully shot, but not all.

Excellent soundtrack, but would not recommend >___<
#1822 Old 01-23-2017, 05:40 PM
Veggie Regular

*Blush* The Great British Baking Show. Does anyone else watch this and think, "Can I veganize these recipes?"

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#1823 Old 01-24-2017, 04:09 AM

I finished breaking bad on the weekend, I know I am behind, but what a great show x
#1824 Old 02-10-2017, 12:41 PM

blacklist )
#1825 Old 02-14-2017, 01:50 PM

quantico
#1826 Old 03-07-2017, 01:31 PM

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
#1827 Old 03-20-2017, 04:37 AM
Banned

The psychological thriller "Unknown"...
great movie! recommend
#1828 Old 03-20-2017, 04:50 AM
person

TV
Miss Marple, the original one

"The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men." - Leonardo Da Vinci, Italian Painter, Sculptor, Architect, Musician, Engineer, and Scientist

When it comes to having a central nervous system, and the ability to feel pain, hunger, and thirst, a rat is a pig is a dog is a boy. ~Ingrid Newkirk
#1829 Old 03-25-2017, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

IRON FIST, probably the weakest of all the Marvel shows so far but still better than all the DC shows! I'd rather watch Danny Rand move in slow motion for an hour than listen to Barry Allen for 5 minutes.

#1830 Old 03-26-2017, 12:38 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
IRON FIST, probably the weakest of all the Marvel shows so far but still better than all the DC shows! I'd rather watch Danny Rand move in slow motion for an hour than listen to Barry Allen for 5 minutes.
Me too. Iron Fist last night
Danny annoys me a lot, despite the years of rigorous training, teaching and contemplation, he's not intellectually matured at all since his crash at ten years old. The Marvel world inhabited by Iron Fist, Daredevil, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage, feels much more human and less 'comic book' (graphic novels were comic books when I was a kid) than some. I do hope he grows up a bit next season. Great fight sequences though and I'm always willing to cut way more slack for super heroes, science fiction and fantasy than I would for regular shows.

Last edited by Spudulika; 03-26-2017 at 12:41 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page