One Week Vegan in Puerto Rico - Relapsed today - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-03-2017, 09:46 AM

One Week Vegan in Puerto Rico - Relapsed today

I hope I can find help here. I started eating vegan a week ago but I had so many side effects and I relapsed this morning and ate a wrap with egg whites and turkey ham :-(

I really want to make the plant based / vegan lifestyle work for me but it is so hard. My skin started breaking out, I can't sleep, I'm very cranky, not tired but no energy, lack of motivation, sad, hungry, very bloated, farting all the time...
But the worst is that my running is suffering.

A little background: I'm 40 years old, female, normal weight, usually always happy, healthy (perfect blood work), runner (I run about 25 miles a week), doing yoga a lot, swimming.
Before going vegan I ate ok but not great ( no milk, rarely cheese, lots of fruit, chicken quite often unfortunetely, rice, vegetables and salad, rarely processed food). I cook a lot.

Going vegan I cut out all dairy, eggs, meat and fish about a week ago. I added beans on a daily basis and a B12 supplement.

I live in Puerto Rico and it is extremely difficult to find good food here. Yes, there are lots of fruits but only eating bananas, papayas, avocados and plantains all day does not seem to help. I'm very hungry all the time since I stopped eating chicken.

Yesterday I was extremly cranky all day without a reason. Very moody and unhappy.
Last night I woke up every two hours. Never happened to me before.
This morning I got up and went for a run and I just couldn't make it past 5 miles and I had to call my boyfriend to pick me up. This has never happened before in years.
We went to a restaurant I had a wrap with eggs and ham. Mentally I feel pretty bad now, physically I feel great after eating this :-(
I really want to keep on trying to be vegan. But it's so hard?!
Any advice? Is anybody living in Puerto Rico going through the same thing?

Tags
puerto rico , relapse , Vegan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page