Stores that carry vegan alternatives - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-09-2017, 08:27 PM

Stores that carry vegan alternatives

What are some good stores for finding vegan alternatives in general?

Where would one find vegan yogurt and vegan cheese? Any company/brand recommendations?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-09-2017, 09:30 PM
Give peas a chance

In the U.S.... Trader Joe's and Sprouts Farmers Market have a lot of vegan things.

Vegan Cookbooks Illustrated

http://vegan-cookbooks-illustrated.blogspot.com/

http://pinterest.com/VeganCookbooks/

#3 Old 01-09-2017, 10:16 PM
Fleur-de-Lis

In the US, I've found that many large "super" markets have a 'natural foods' section with a variety of vegan products. They're usually located near the frozen/refigerated cases.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"The fact is, none of us truly win, until we all win."
#4 Old 01-11-2017, 11:52 AM
Veggie Regular

In the UK, the online supermarket Ocado is really good.
They do Fry's, Violife, Alpro etc. etc. (plus lots of beans, lentils and grains).

This is what comes up when I put 'dairy-free' in the search box: https://www.ocado.com/webshop/getSea...try=dairy-free (do check product ingredients lists though - sometimes gluten-free gets lumped in. Also try 'vegan')

Last edited by Spudulika; 01-11-2017 at 12:00 PM.
#5 Old 01-11-2017, 05:13 PM
Canny Lass-a

Whole Foods and Sprouts carry the largest selection and more vegan brands, but Kroger/Ralphs (east/west coasts) carries Simple Truth organic non dairy milks and faux meats. I don't know if this has anything to do with my region (California) but my Ralphs also carries several vegan cheeses (the big ones, like Follow Your Heart and Daiya), Tofutti vegan cream cheese and sour cream, Earth Balance, various Tofurky and Yves products, frozen meals from vegetarian and vegan companies, Daiya boxed mac n cheez, Annies fruit snacks in the snack aisle, and "accidentally vegan" cup of noodles in the kosher/parve section (both the vegetable and imitation chicken flavor of Tradition brand).

Thalassa4, Re-registered

Last edited by Thalassa; 01-11-2017 at 05:15 PM.
#6 Old 01-11-2017, 08:59 PM

Target is surprisingly good. Even my little Target--which is not a Super Target--has Gardein vegan meats and the Hampton Creek line (Just Mayo, Just Ranch, etc.)

I also have good luck with Wegmans, ShopRite, Whole Foods, and Trader Joe's, but those aren't as widespread as Target,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page