Taking vegan supplements. - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By odizzido
  • 2 Post By SteveW

#1 Old 05-01-2016, 04:49 PM
Ethical Vegan in Training

Taking vegan supplements.

Salutations, everyone! I'm Tues and I recently went cold turkey back to a vegan diet (and I am working on the ethical changes), but in doing so I got a quick reminder that I'm not used to cooking/baking (yet).

My question main question is: Do you think it's okay to take supplements while I learn to make nutritionally balanced meals for myself? Especially because I have an almost non-existent appetite, but I'm trying to (slowly, but surely) eat more.

Regardless, I have to take an iron supplement, because I had a blood test two days before going vegan again and I have a low blood count and low iron stores. So, there's one that I temporarily have to take a supplement for. I've already ordered that a few other vitamins.

So, while I work on those things I should be good to take supplements, right? I can't remember what they're all called off the top of my head, but I do have an iron supplement and B 12 supplement that I ordered.

Which leads to my last question, even when I am able to make better meals for myself, I still need a B 12 supplement, correct?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-01-2016, 08:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Yes it's okay to supplement, and yes you still need B12.....B12 is the only one you need for sure AFAIK
#3 Old 05-02-2016, 03:18 AM
Beginner

Nothing wrong with taking supplements, particularly during the transition stage.
LedBoots and David3 like this.

Tags
supplement , supplements , vegan advice , vitamin , vitamins

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page