What is the worst Crime a person can commit? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-27-2008, 06:47 PM
Beginner

This is an open question, take it anyway you want.

Basically what crime do you find disgusts you the most and any suggestions on a suitable punishment?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-27-2008, 06:50 PM
Beginner

Genocide.
#3 Old 01-27-2008, 07:07 PM
Beginner

Kidnapping, raping, and murdering children.

"Women & cats will do as they please, & men & dogs should relax & get used to the idea." Robert Heinlein
#4 Old 01-27-2008, 07:08 PM
Beginner

Worst crime isn't always something that's a crime in the legal sense.

Forcing your beliefs on others in ways that they can't resist -- or as another phrasing of it, using your free will to take away another's free will (or perceived free will, since I don't entirely believe free will exists). -- basically every type of crime one person could do to another living thing.

I define "beliefs" for that statement it includes "belief that relations with family members or children is right", "believing that murder is right", "passing laws for one church that all people will have to follow", "belief that you should screw over everyone you see, because they aren't you", etc.

NOT things like "trying to convert someone from one belief system to another" through verbal means where the person can freely choose not to change if they desire (without any repercussions).
#5 Old 01-27-2008, 07:13 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by chryssiie718 View Post

Kidnapping, raping, and murdering children.

Why is it worse to do any of those things to a child than it is to an adult?
#6 Old 01-27-2008, 07:15 PM
Beginner

It is especially despicable to attack the helpless and innocent.

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
#7 Old 01-27-2008, 07:17 PM
Beginner

There are lots of helpless and innocent adults.
#8 Old 01-27-2008, 07:17 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by *AHIMSA* View Post

It is especially despicable to attack the helpless and innocent.

Exactly

"Women & cats will do as they please, & men & dogs should relax & get used to the idea." Robert Heinlein
#9 Old 01-27-2008, 07:19 PM
Beginner

But why is it more despicable?
#10 Old 01-27-2008, 07:21 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkk View Post

There are lots of helpless and innocent adults.

Granted, but my opinion of the worst crime is what I stated... against children.

#11 Old 01-27-2008, 07:21 PM
Beginner

... and does this mean it's more despicable to kill a 4 year old child than a 7 year old child?
#12 Old 01-27-2008, 07:21 PM
Beginner

Imagine randomly slapping your wife and then think about slapping your baby and see what you think -or better yet- how it makes you feel.

Is it the same feeling?

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
#13 Old 01-27-2008, 07:23 PM
Beginner

i guess because kids are the most innocent and most helpless and because most humans capable of feelings and empathy feel protective toward kids.

eta: it is hard to define what the most horrible crime would be, but causing incredible pain and suffering to another being is basically the most horrible thing to my mind. whether it is done on a small scale or to thousands or millions is probably the difference between horrible and unimaginably horrible?
#14 Old 01-27-2008, 07:25 PM
Beginner

I can't honestly answer that having never done it but it seems that it could feel the same. What if it was my 90 year old grandmother in her wheelchair?
#15 Old 01-27-2008, 07:25 PM
Beginner

Quote:

But why is it more despicable?

Children are suppose to be loved and cherished (in an ideal world) and they trust in adults to care for them. To betray that trust is, to me anyway, most despicable.

#16 Old 01-27-2008, 07:28 PM
Beginner

Quote:

Why is it worse to do any of those things to a child than it is to an adult?

Yes thats right; but people who target children for these crimes do so because children are more innocent, trusting and not able to defend themselves effectively.
#17 Old 01-27-2008, 07:31 PM
Beginner

Quote:

Children are suppose to be loved and cherished (in an ideal world) and they trust in adults to care for them. To betray that trust is, to me anyway, most despicable.

Shouldn't we love and cherish everyone equally?
#18 Old 01-27-2008, 07:33 PM
Beginner

If someone hit a child and hit an adult and felt there was no difference thats pretty disgusting!
#19 Old 01-27-2008, 07:33 PM
Beginner

If that were reality, people would treat others on message boards the same as family or friends...I have not found that to be the case!

#20 Old 01-27-2008, 07:34 PM
Beginner

This was not originally a question of hitting. It was of rape and murder.
#21 Old 01-27-2008, 07:34 PM
Beginner

Quote:

If that were reality, people would treat others on message boards the same as family or friends...I have not found that to be the case!

Also, no one would pass a stranger in need without giving them some of their resources.

#22 Old 01-27-2008, 07:36 PM
Beginner

Quote:

That is not the point. Persons who prey on children are cowards and most would not even consider attacking adults. It is the fact that children are weak and trusting and vulnerable that attracts the predator.

#23 Old 01-27-2008, 07:37 PM
Beginner

Quote:

Also, no one would pass a stranger in need without giving them some of their resources.

I agree but that doesn't address why we should we treat children differently than non children?

I'm interested in this question because the potential of a death penalty for those convicted of molesting children under certain circumstances has been raised.
#24 Old 01-27-2008, 07:37 PM
Beginner

In my opinion the worst crimes are in no particular order

1)\tAnything that can be classed as paedophilic.

2)\tRape

3)\tAnimal cruelty

Anyone guilty of the above should be shot no questions asked!
#25 Old 01-27-2008, 07:39 PM
Beginner

Quote:

That is not the point. Persons who prey on children are cowards and most would not even consider attacking adults. It is the fact that children are weak and trusting and vulnerable that attracts the predator.

Weakness is relative. Adult size and strength varies greatly.
#26 Old 01-27-2008, 07:40 PM
Beginner

Where was the death penalty brought up?

#27 Old 01-27-2008, 07:45 PM
Beginner

I've known children that could kick the butts of most adults. I've known a woman (just over 5ft tall, and around 100lbs) would could smack a full grown 6ft+ tall man hard enough to knock him over.

Children kill and rape other children. Innocence and defenselessness doesn't have any age, gender or size.
#28 Old 01-27-2008, 07:46 PM
Beginner

The death penalty wasn't brought up in this thread but it's being proposed in some state legislatures as a punishment for the crimes I mentioned. It's just something I'm interested in and why I asked these questions.

I'm not disagreeing that crimes against children are horrible- just interested in why people differentiate between crimes against children and crimes against other groups.
#29 Old 01-27-2008, 07:51 PM
Beginner

Well, I only voiced my opinion as the OP requested.

I am an advocate of children; crimes against children really get me steamed up. This doesn't diminish the fact that said crimes are horrible against anyone. I just find crimes against children more despicable. That is just my humble opinion.

#30 Old 01-27-2008, 08:18 PM
Beginner

Quote:

Not around here. I think I recall I posted about how a person was laying passed out in town next to a road. Cars kept going past, nobody stopped.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page